What action can you take while on Negative Body but Positive Stun?

BhelliomRahl

What action can a character take when they are on negative body but have positive stun?

I have said to players that you are severally injured but are conscious.  If they are bleeding I have allowed them to attempt to treat themselves (Paramedics Roll), at an increased penalty.  Once they have stabilised I have said that you can take minor actions but anything strenuous could cause you to pass out or start bleeding again - Constitution Rolls with penalties based on current body for taking actions each phase.

How have other people handled this?

6E2 107:

Getting into Negative body does not affect your ability to act, your CV's or your skill Rolls in any way.

The Character is also either in teh State "Bleeding to death" or Stabilised.

Once he hits 0 BODY from damage, "Bleeding to death" starts. He looses one BODY every Post Segment 12 until he is either stabilised or dead.

Stabilising requires a Paramedics Roll (Full Phase, -1 per 2 Negative Body). When a stabilsid Character takes any Damage (and it get's him at 0 or below again), i guess the Bleeding to death starts again.

There is a abundance of optional Rules in 6E2, like Wounding, Bleeding and Impairing/Disabling but those work with all Body damage - not just body damage while at 0 or below.

6E2 107:

Getting into Negative body does not affect your ability to act, your CV's or your skill Rolls in any way.

So if I understand this correctly, if a character falls below 0 Body they can still act completely normally, (Although a GM may applies penalties) acting in exactly the same manner as if they had over 0 Body except that after each Post-Segment 12 they lose 1 Body until stabilised.  If their body falls to negatively equal to their Full Body they die. (i.e. Character with Base Body of 12 dies at -12 body)

So if I understand this correctly, if a character falls below 0 Body they can still act completely normally, (Although a GM may applies penalties) acting in exactly the same manner as if they had over 0 Body except that after each Post-Segment 12 they lose 1 Body until stabilised.  If their body falls to negatively equal to their Full Body they die. (i.e. Character with Base Body of 12 dies at -12 body)

Correct.

I've used a house rule, in grittier campaigns, that you not only take a minimum of 1 STUN for every BODY you take (like the rules describe), but that you can't Recover that STUN until you Recover that BODY.  In other words, you're always down at least as much STUN as you're down BODY.  This makes it so that you're just not as "tough" when you're injured as you are when you're uninjured.  It takes less to knock you out when you're nursing a ruptured spleen...  :winkgrin:

There's nothing wrong with doing it the way you were doing it before, in fact, that is a bit more realistic than the default way Hero does it.

However, just take into account that the Hero rules are written the way they are to simulate a heroes ability to fight right up until he or she dies.  Plenty of fiction has heroic characters fighting against fantastic odds, and holding them off to let loved ones escape, and the character takes so many wounds, they die on their feet while fighting.  So to simulate this, even if you want  a more realistic damage model like you outlined previously, I would allow for Constitution rolls or Ego rolls to keep going when at 0 Body or less.  (maybe at a penalty of -1 for every 2pts below zero)

Mooks, in my games, are out of the fight at 0 BODY (if not before, really.)

My house rule on bleeding is that main characters lose another -1 BODY only if they try to do anything strenuous if at or below 0 BODY.  If they play dead or only do non-strenuous acts (taking a recovery, using a healing potion, crawling, shooting off a signal flare, etc.) then they do not further bleed for that turn.