CHAMPIONS Live Role Playing Game

LouGoncey

• 5 months later...

Hey there, I'm from the company that worked on Champions: The Live-Action Roleplaying Game and I would love to answer any questions about the book or the mechanics. Why the system was developed and used is an interesting discussion that my boss would be happy for me to grab him to answer.

So, what kind of roll do you make to grab your boss? In standard Hero System it would be roll 3d6 under 11 + (your OCV-2) - Boss's DCV (and your DCV is at -2 too)

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises

So, what kind of roll do you make to grab your boss? In standard Hero System it would be roll 3d6 under 11 + (your OCV-2) - Boss's DCV (and your DCV is at -2 too)

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises

Trick question, we do not use dice in our system. In the live action system it would be a Power Check + Half My OCV vs Boss's DCV. Stopwatch click, quick math, and then the action is resolved.

The system was designed for very quick combat for the fast action of superhero fights.

That's just a more complicated 1d10.

So once you grab him, how do you get him to talk?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests asking nicely, like: Sir, would you like to tell us more about this fascinating rules system you have developed?

That's just a more complicated 1d10.

So once you grab him, how do you get him to talk?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary suggests asking nicely, like: Sir, would you like to tell us more about this fascinating rules system you have developed?

Designed for the purpose of simulating a 1d10 roll in a couple of seconds, it has worked pretty well in my experience keeping combat running at a high pace and maintains the feel of superhero combat. I'm going to get someone who worked on the book to talk about the rules system- if you or anyone has any questions please feel free to ask!

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to get back to you all this late, we've had a lot of things going on at the office and I've been getting answers to these questions and more information for those interested in Champions: The Live-Action Roleplaying Game, potential future titles, and related works.

Currently I'm revising a few posts on the basics of the system, the history behind how it was made, and other things that look to be fun. I'm hoping to get these posts up in the next few days, though this mostly depends on if the right people are free to speak or contribute. I am really looking forward to talking more with each of you!