60 END 0

47* STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 50 Points

Cost Skills

3 Navigation [Ground & Sea] 10-

2 Survival [Marine] 10-

Total Skills Cost: 5 Points

Cost Powers

30 Armor +16 rPD +14 rED, Linked [Growth] (-1/2)

60 EC [Atomic Energy]-60 Points

40 1) Growth: Height 16", Width 8", Mass 400 Tons, BODY/STUN +12, DCV -8, PER +8, Reach +8",

STR +60, KNB -12", No END Persistent (+1), Always On (-1/2)

40 2) RKA 4d6, AE 6"r (+1), Beam Attack (-1/4), Incantations (-1/4)

3 ES: UV Sight, Linked [Growth] (-1/2)

7 LS: Breathe Underwater, High Pressure, High Radiation, Intense Cold, Linked [Growth] (-1/2)

7 Running +5", Linked [Growth] (-1/2)

8 Swimming +7", 4x NCM, Linked [Growth] (-1/2)

Total Powers Cost: 95 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

25 DF: Giant Monster (Not Concealable/Extreme Reaction)

25 Hunted: World Military Officer (More Powerful) 14-

20 PhyL: Height 16", Width 8", Mass 400 Tons (All The Time/Greatly)

10 PhyL: Unable To Communicate With Humanity (Infrequently/Greatly)

20 Rep[Extreme]: Giant Monster 14-

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

*Characteristics From Growth Added In

Taking on Godzilla

Most Superhero Teams can handle Godzilla if they remember a few facts.  

One, Godzilla is a slow lumbering monster.  He's easy to hit from beyond the effective range of his RKA AE.  A team could in theory bombard Godzilla with EBs and eventually bring him down without much trouble.

However, Two, Godzilla will most often being found attacking a large urban area.  Therefore it would be necessary for the Team's Brick(s) to engage hand to hand.  Most bricks will be faster and more agile then Godzilla, but one hit from his 16d6 of STR and they are at least Stunned and maybe unconscious.  Such tactics are necessary to pin Godzilla to one location so that the EB bombardment can wear him down.

Now you just have to find a way to move him out of the ruins of the City, and a place to take him.

The size thing can be "fixed" by changing the physical limitation.

That said, building a giant monster on a tight point budget makes very little sense. Unless, of course, he's a PC.

I really must formally write up some of my 200-250 point characters.

I do it for the challenge, and I would like to see your 200-250 characters very much.

Taking on Godzilla

Most Superhero Teams can handle Godzilla if they remember a few facts.  

One, Godzilla is a slow lumbering monster.  He's easy to hit from beyond the effective range of his RKA AE.  A team could in theory bombard Godzilla with EBs and eventually bring him down without much trouble.

However, Two, Godzilla will most often being found attacking a large urban area.  Therefore it would be necessary for the Team's Brick(s) to engage hand to hand.  Most bricks will be faster and more agile then Godzilla, but one hit from his 16d6 of STR and they are at least Stunned and maybe unconscious.  Such tactics are necessary to pin Godzilla to one location so that the EB bombardment can wear him down.

Now you just have to find a way to move him out of the ruins of the City, and a place to take him.

Again, this version of Godzilla, sure. The versions we see in his films routinely wade through a literal storm of rockets and artillery shells, and show no signs of being "worn down." It's pretty much a core convention of the daikaiju genre; these things are practically unstoppable, except by other giant monsters, or machines built to the scale of giant monsters.

Godzilla is really hard to write up. like many popular characters, he's been interpreted in a number of different ways. To me, he's basically a plot device. He shrugs off ballistic rockets for crying out loud. It's like trying to define a hurricane. That said...Cassandra's write up is a very solid template for the basics.

One of my biggest mental blocks is my Batman homage. I can't quite nail his equipment, motivation and costume.

And then he needs a sidekick.

Use Multiform for various types of Batmans

Batman and Robin

Dark Knight

Batmobile

Batplane

Batboat

I'm not bothered by the build so much as the concept. I'm looking at a homage for my own setting, not a conversion.

As far as the latter goes, I've got most of a version of Robin (Silver Age Teen Titans) sitting around on a piece of paper somewhere.

I also flicked through the 60s Batgirl stories yesterday. The Dominoed Daredoll is definitely doable on starting points.

Unfortunately her natural team up partner is Supergirl. Not the late 50s fresh off the boat version, but the one who has been allowed to go public. If they were to be built on the same points, this would tend to push up their totals - perhaps to 350 (400) points rather than 250 (300). Ignoring the "Superman's Secret Weapon" stuff and fiddling with their ages would allow lower point versions, but they would still need to concentrate on low powered threats in order to not draw attention to the shortcuts in Supergirl's build.

On 250 points, it should be notionally possible for a single hero, built a similar point total, to take him on.

Difficult, but doable. His main strength is his big attacks. He hasn't got much besides that.

The biggest problem is the innocent bystanders. On the other hand, there are likely to be police and other folks around to help. Some of them may be competent enough to useful, rather than liabilities.

Other than that, the main trick is not getting hit by the AoE blast.

Mentalists are obviously useful. Even fairly weak ones can potentially (eventually) take him down.

Martial Artists would have to be careful about not being hit (as always). I'm a little horrified by the possibility of someone like Batman punching out Godzilla, but it could happen with this build. Gadgeteers and vehicle users may also have some effective attacks.

Energy Projectors would have to try to outshoot him. With Dex and Spd advantages, that should work.

Bricks could well be the least well suited for taking him on, although there are Bricks and Bricks.

Again, it's the threat to civilians which is the main problem.

On 250 points, it should be notionally possible for a single hero, built a similar point total, to take him on.

Difficult, but doable. His main strength is his big attacks. He hasn't got much besides that.

The biggest problem is the innocent bystanders. On the other hand, there are likely to be police and other folks around to help. Some of them may be competent enough to useful, rather than liabilities.

Other than that, the main trick is not getting hit by the AoE blast.

Mentalists are obviously useful. Even fairly weak ones can potentially (eventually) take him down.

Martial Artists would have to be careful about not being hit (as always). I'm a little horrified by the possibility of someone like Batman punching out Godzilla, but it could happen with this build. Gadgeteers and vehicle users may also have some effective attacks.

Energy Projectors would have to try to outshoot him. With Dex and Spd advantages, that should work.

Bricks could well be the least well suited for taking him on, although there are Bricks and Bricks.

Again, it's the threat to civilians which is the main problem.

Batman could defeat Godzilla.

He's Batman.