My TK Character, 400pts 6th edition

Russell

The character is basically Darth Vader without a Light Saber. 

He effectively has 60 STR TK with IPE vs. Sight.  Yes there is limited range and he'll take damage from Damage Shields but even 40 STR with 0 END can be quite effective when combined with IPE.  This guy can blend in as good as any mentalist.  The fact that he can go toe to toe with a traditional Brick is just bonus.

A TK character with no TK power? (All powers are STR, Sretching, PD etc, rather than TK)

I like it.

(Or is this a 6th edition thing? Not familiar with 6th Ed. Does it have TK as a power?)

I have one small criticism - Hero Games Rule #1: A disadvantage that does not disadvantage is not a disadvantage and is therefore worth no points.

In this case, it would be a more moderate A disadvantage that is only moderately disadvantageous is less of a disadvantage and is therefore worth fewer points.

Your character has bought 'blind' as a 30pt disad, yet he can get by quite nicely with his ranged touch. I'd say it should be no more than Frequently, Greatly.

Rebar, He is definitely seriously disabled.. He cant see through glass, cant read normal print, cant see color, can't drive any vehicle with a windshield, can't use a computer, cant watch TV or movies, Desolidifed villains are invisible to him, etc etc... His ranged sense of touch is overwhelmed by the same things that touch would be so most damage shield characters get a DCV bonus vs him... A GM may quibble about how disadvantaging it is, but it's pretty major. Alot more major than most complications.

Rebar, He is definitely seriously disabled.. He cant see through glass, cant read normal print, cant see color, can't drive any vehicle with a windshield, can't use a computer, cant watch TV or movies, Desolidifed villains are invisible to him, etc etc... His ranged sense of touch is overwhelmed by the same things that touch would be so most damage shield characters get a DCV bonus vs him... A GM may quibble about how disadvantaging it is, but it's pretty major. Alot more major than most complications.

His Ranged Touch isn't even Discriminatory so he can't discern anymore details than typical human touch with it. He's fairly limited. Is Touch no longer Targeting by default in 6th Edition?

Normal Touch is semi discriminatory and semi targeting. Rules are a bit vague about targeting, you can make a perception roll to reduce blindness penalties.  I paid for targeting just to make it clean and to not have to take a 1/2 phase perception roll every time i wanted to throw a punch.. 

I would be willing to bet that Eddies blindness affects him in just about every single adventure he  goes on. Not many complications I can think of are as crippling to a character without rendering him unplayable. 

Paid for 360 degree ranged touch in this version (I had mistakenly thought he could get 360 for free with basic touch) as well as a TK assisted super leap which was in Eddie's original write up.

EdwardBlack.hdc

I was thinking of the can't see through glass thing, but you bought his stretching with Indirect, can operate through barriers. I kind of assumed his touch was a direct extension of his stretching, so he should be able to "see" through barriers.

Rebar, I had not intended it that way. He can manifest his hands behind barriers but then he is feeling around blind with them. I suppose technically his TK touch sense comes off his body and thus might be interpreted as coming off his TK hands as well, but that was not the intent and I think it would be abusive. Frankly until you just mentioned it it never occurred to me.

Taking a couple of standard 15pt hunteds would be WAYYY less inconvenient than his blindness. 

• 5 months later...

Hi.  Sorry to weight in so late on this subject, but I was just wondering about that "Can manifest behind barriers" advantage for your stretching.  I did not see it anywhere in Hero Designer as a limitation, so I'm assuming it's one you made up (forgive me if it's in some supplement with which I am simply unfamiliar).  Given that, don't you think you're kind of lowballing the cost, seeing as how much of an in-game advantage to stretching it really does bestow?  I mean, it's your GM's call, of course, I'm just saying.

Other then that one quibble (I would go higher or make it an add-on) I do agree with the others here that your  "telekinesis sans telekinesis" build is really very clever.  So clever, I think, that if we ever get an official word on what that advantage would cost, it might well mean the end of the telekinesis power as we know it.  :)