Rogue like abilities in the 6th edition power transfer like?

Joseph Whitlow

That kind of character type is one the most complicated to pull off in Champions.  It usually requires a combination of Drain(s) (to define what a target loses) with a VPP or Multiform to define what the PC gains.  Unless the player is willing to figure out and manage this on their own I would recommend suggesting they play a different character type.

Here is an example of the power construction using 5e rules.

from: http://www.herogames.com/forums/topic/64115-the-classic-justice-league-starting-members-on-350-points/?p=1652306

Re: The Classic Justice League starting members on 350 points

I'm changing course here a little bit and working on one of Superman's signature villains and arguably one of the hardest to translate into HERO - The Parasite.

Parasitesuperman.PNG

Like all of the heroes, I want to build him on 350 points as well. I think this is possible because Superman and all of the other 'naturally powered' heroes (of this thread) abilities have been built using the 'Affected by Adjustments as an EC' Limitation. By building all the heroes with this I avoid having to build Parasite's Drain with the 'All Powers Simultaneously (+2)' level of Variable Effect.

With this in mind I would appreciate any feedback regarding the following power set for Parasite:

36 Do You Feel Yourself Getting Weaker?: Drain Any Biological SFX Ability 3d6+1 (standard effect: 10 points), any [biological] power one at a time (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4), Delayed Return Rate (points return at the rate of 5 per Hour; +1) (82 Active Points); Limited Special Effect Only vs. Biological Abilities (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Limited Power Skin Contact Required (-1/4) 3

36 Hurts Doesn't It?: Energy Blast 6d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Attack Versus Limited Defense (Power Defense; +1 1/2) (90 Active Points); No Range (-1/2), Restrainable (-1/2), Linked (Do You Feel Yourself Getting Weaker?; -1/4), Limited Power Skin Contact Required (-1/4)

128 Now I Have Your Powers!: Variable Power Pool, 100 base + 28 control cost, No Skill Roll Required (+1) (200 Active Points); Character Has No Choice Regarding How Powers Change (Also Gains Biological Disadvantages ; -1/2), VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only In Given Circumstance (Linked To Drain; -1/2), Conditional Power Powers Fade At Same Rate As Drain Recovers (-1/2), Limited Class Of Powers Available Limited (-1/2), Limited Power Abilities Gained Proportional To Those Drained (-1/2)
0 1) Multiform (500 Character Points in the most expensive form) (100 Active Points) Real Cost: 100

I like 'Mimic Pool' from page 412, and treat both shape-shift/imitation and the attack that activates the power pool as separate things, generally a martial art (innate to the power, not a learned skill) involving a strike, a grab, and an NND.

I can see a Unified Power (EB, Flight, Resistant Protection) with Variable Advantages, Effects and Special Effects determined by the target of the transfer. In this way, the character always has some power at their own power levels that they can modify by touching a target (one already acceptable to the campaign). Rogue had to touch living or sapient targets, but with this version a character could 'absorb' earth-variables to make area-effect earthquakes, use flight along surfaces only, and stony flesh DEF or air-like variables for double-kb wind blasts, wind-riding and air force field, etc.

If any associated shape-shift is useful, I pay points for it, otherwise treating it as a side effect or complication.

Mimic pool is one of those uncommon cases where I accept talents or skills as powers that can be shifted around.

• 7 months later...

I know, holy necro reply, but wanted to contribute my attempt:

Drain Pool.  A Cosmic Variable Pool.  Limited to only drain.

Mimic Pool.  A Cosmic Variable Pool.  Limited to only powers target has, only to the extent the target has, powers fade at the rate the drain recovers, requires the target be hit with Drain.

I think this will do the trick.  The Drain pool allows the character to take away whatever powers the target has regardless of special effect.  The Mimic Pool will then "steal" the power to the extent taken by the Drain pool.

That said, it is very expensive.  A 75 pt Mimic Pool and a 70pt Drain pool costs 116 and 122 Real Pt. with 187 and 175 Active Cost respectively. 

Its crazy expensive, but the basic I'd do is just give her a drain and a power pool to copy what she's drained.  Rogue is insanely powerful (as the comics showed once in a while when she'd singlehandedly take out bad guys the team could not, or trashed the Avengers), so she's not a great choice for a typical Champions game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roguelike

?

Randomly Generated Levels: (Total: 72 Active Cost, 48 Real Cost) +1 Overall (Real Cost: 12) <b>plus</b> +1 Overall (12 Active Points); Requires A Roll (8- roll; -1 1/4) (Real Cost: 5) <b>plus</b> +1 Overall (12 Active Points); Requires A Roll (9- roll; -1) (Real Cost: 6) <b>plus</b> +1 Overall (12 Active Points); Requires A Roll (10- roll; -3/4) (Real Cost: 7) <b>plus</b> +1 Overall (12 Active Points); Requires A Roll (11- roll; -1/2) (Real Cost: 8) <b>plus</b> +1 Overall (12 Active Points); Requires A Roll (12- roll; -1/4) (Real Cost: 10)

Turn Based Play: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Limited Power Cannot abort, character only acts on own phase (-1/2) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 6)

Stamina Decay: (Total: 4 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) +4 BODY (4 Active Points); 1 Continuing Fuel Charge lasting 6 Hours (Fuel is Very Difficult to obtain; -1/4) (Modifiers affect Base Characteristic) (Real Cost: 1)

Permadeath: (Total: -20 Active Cost, -20 Real Cost) Physical Complication: Cannot be Resurrected (Infrequently; Fully Impairing) (Real Cost: -20)

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says I'm not being very helpful....