Multi-Power Attacks

WistfulD

Okay, I am trying to understand effects that are a single attack, but have effects that fall under two powers. I'll present a simple one and you tell me if I've done it correct, and I'll present a harder one that is vexing me.

Simple Case: Acid dripping claws - The Cthulian horror Xix'lthuhpuh has sharp claws that drip acid. This power is:

HKA 1 1/2D6 (3D6 with 20 STR) (25 Active Points); 25 Real Points

Plus

RKA 1 Pt. Damage Over Time (some specifics, I don't care; +5) (30 Active Points); Limitation (only occurs if claws do damage; - 1/2). 20 Real Points.

The total power is 55 AP, costs 45 points, costs 5 END (7 with the STR), and the power is legal for a power framework. Both affects can be tied to a single attack roll. All that correct, yes/no?

Now second power: Fight into corner - the swashbuckling musketeer Portlios has the ability to slowly take advantage of his tactically superior fighting, and reduce his opponent to a helpless mess.

This power is:

Attack with rapier (a HKA, but not built into the character)

Plus

Drain attributes 3D6 Expanded Effect (DCV and OCV; + 1/2) (45 Active Points); Limitation (only occurs if sword does damage; - 1/2), No Range(-1/2) 22 Real Points

Now, this second one, because the rapier attack and the drain cannot be part of a combined power, doesn't work, right? It would instead need to be set up as a trigger (of hitting with the rapier, the doing damage could still be a limitation?). Is that also correct?

I guess I'll ask the rest of my question after I confirm/disconfirm that I have these assumptions correct. Thanks all!

The only possible issues with that second combined Slot is the Total Active Points. If you wanted a more powerful Drain than allowed by the points left over after accounting for the Rapier then a separate build outside of the Multipower would be one possible solution.

Combined Attacks between a power in a framework and one not in any framework are always legal.  What's not legal by RAW is to allow a combined attack between 2 slots of the same framework (even if they were flexible slots) the 2 abilities must be Linked and in 1 slot to be legal.  This is really only a Multipower issue as a VPP is functionally equivalent to a Multipower with an infinite # of slots.