The Original Crinimal Agent Orginzation...

steriaca

I forgot what they named the org in the Champions Universe book, but members of this org include Professor James Mortuary, Colonel Sebastian Monroe (excuse my spelling, the professor's right hand sniper) controlling England, and Doctor Fu Manchu controlling China/Asia.

Hear is a 'short list' of infamous literary masterminds to control the org in various countries.

Imhotep: Mastermind of Egypt, and is a real reincarnated mummy.

Karas: A 'lesser mummy' used as Imhotep's mussel, when needed. Egypt.

"Doctor Mosaic": The Monster of Frankenstein (do not refer to him as Frankenstein unless you don't want your arms and legs). Controlling country: The Baltic States.

Phantomos: Formally haunting a Paris opera house (and use to go by the name Eric), he is currently the head of crime in all of France.

Doctor Mobuse, The Gambler: This Jewish crime lord controls crime in Israel and Germany, where he leads men astray and lets them destroy themselves with there own actions.

Doctor Phibes: Formally of England, he currently controls crime in the United States and Canada (mostly because Professor Mortuary will not let him work in England). He is known to be immortal, a genius (especially surrounding sound and robotics), and known for his monotone voice and macabre sense of humor.

Vulcania: The main assistant to Doctor Phibes, in reality a female shaped robot almost undetectable as such, without the ability to talk. She is incredibly loyal to Doctor Phibes.

Anyone want to add more?

Hear is a 'short list' of infamous literary masterminds to control the org in various countries.

Phantomos: Formally haunting a Paris opera house (and use to go by the name Eric), he is currently the head of crime in all of France.

Anyone want to add more?

I would change this to Fantomas

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fant%C3%B4mas

He is amuch better fit than Eric, the Phantom of the Opera. You need rivals to Moriarty and Fu Manchu and Dr Mabuse are good ones.

The one big gap is the Spanish speaking world and Latin America.

I ment Fantomas/Eric the Phantom of the Opera. Moriarty and Fu Manchu were in the original concept. I don't remember any Spanish/Latin American litterateur larger-than-life villain. One could look to someone El Zoro took down, but not anyone who clashed with el Nino de la Frisco ("The Cisco Kid" stores by O'Henry).

To make the hispanic leaders work, they should be from some form of hispanic fiction via the late 19th century/early 20th century, and achieved immortality via Fu Manchu's potion, or on their own (Imhotep and Doctor Phibes achieved their immortality separate from Fu Manchu).

I don't recall seeing a reference to the organization you're talking about in CU, but I can always take a second

look.

As for Dr. Phibes' assistant, her name was Vulnavia (a trivia bit here: there were two different actresses who

played the part in the films; when the original was expecting a child, they had to find a new actress to fill the

part).

Where Dr. Moriarty is concerned, there was an article in a 1983 issue of Dragon Magazine ("Tracing the THRUSH's

Nest"), in which the "good" Doctor is given credit for having posthumously created THRUSH (Technological Hierarchy

for the Removal of Undesirables and the Subjugation of Humanity), the evil super-agency from the TV series The Man

from U.N.C.L.E.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

I believe it was mentioned in the history section (prehaps on the timeline?), but I cannot find it. Then again, I could be mistaken. Anyways, even if it doesn't exist, it should.

As for the Span/Latin American comander, what do you think of The Knight Of The Mirror from Don Quotie? (I know, the 'knight' was only the Don's fear of growing old, and the fear that he was no lord, but a crazy old man. But what if his reflection survived the Don?)

I believe it was mentioned in the history section (prehaps on the timeline?), but I cannot find it. Then again, I could be mistaken. Anyways, even if it doesn't exist, it should.

As for the Span/Latin American comander, what do you think of The Knight Of The Mirror from Don Quotie? (I know, the 'knight' was only the Don's fear of growing old, and the fear that he was no lord, but a crazy old man. But what if his reflection survived the Don?)

If nothing else, it'd make for an interesting (Spanish) twist on the Dorian Gray story, only instead of a portrait that

showed the effects of his many sins -- the portrait aging while its owner remained young -- it would be Don Quixote's

fears that would survive to take on a life of their own, and continue to exist after the Don's physical demise.

Major Tom 2009 :shock:

I can't recall seeing this particular villain line-up in any published Champions book either. Closest was the mastermind villain, Rex Mundi, in Blackwyrm Games's Algernon Files setting. I don't recall him being identified by name as James Moriarty, but the background text very strongly implied that's who he was.

However, the Mispellian Master has inspired me to create some new characters of my own. "Professor James Mortuary" and "Don Quotie" are definitely going to appear at some point! :D

I can't recall seeing this particular villain line-up in any published Champions book either. Closest was the mastermind villain, Rex Mundi, in Blackwyrm Games's Algernon Files setting. I don't recall him being identified by name as James Moriarty, but the background text very strongly implied that's who he was.

However, the Mispellian Master has inspired me to create some new characters of my own. "Professor James Mortuary" and "Don Quotie" are definitely going to appear at some point! :D

Let's see...Professor Mortuary could be a serial killer in the vein of the Tall Man from the Phantasm film franchise, while

Don Quotie could be a nuisance villain who uses famous quotes out of context from how they were originally used ( :sneaky: ).

Major Tom 2009 :D

To be honest The Phantom of the Opera and Fantomas are two distinctly different entities with differing modus operandi. Fantomas is more akin to Moriarty. The Phantom is disfigured and wants his protege to be the great singer whereas Fantomas is out for himself.

True. I never read either book/book series. So I basically combined both characters in my mind.

I did some Wikipedia research on the Cisco Kid, and found out that he was a much darker character in the original O. Henry short story than what the movies and TV show would have you believe. "Robin Hood Of The West" my ass.

The section before the timeline, "Victorian Erra" paragraphs. (Can't point you to the real page, cause I don't have a physical copy of the book, and I used up my Library Computer Time, and I defently cannot open something like that file on my 3DS).

Okay, I found the reference in Champions Universe to Moriarty, and to the "Cabal" which took over his criminal empire (confined to Europe) during the time he was believed to have been killed by Sherlock Holmes. Can't find a mention of Moriarty's henchmen, or members of this Cabal. But if you want to invent or embellish those details for your games, or draw them from other sources, by all means, have fun. :)

Okay, I found the reference in Champions Universe to Moriarty, and to the "Cabal" which took over his criminal empire (confined to Europe) during the time he was believed to have been killed by Sherlock Holmes. Can't find a mention of Moriarty's henchmen, or members of this Cabal. But if you want to invent or embellish those details for your games, or draw them from other sources, by all means, have fun. :)

Colonel Sebastian Moran (mentioned at the start of this thread) was part of Moriarty's organization; indeed, he was the

primary villain in the first story of Sir Arthur's second series of Sherlock Holmes stories, in which he attempted to kill

Holmes following his defeat of Moriarty at Reichenbach Falls.

In the novelized UNCLEverse, Moran was sent to kill Holmes by The Computer (an AI of sorts designed by Moriarty --

referred to as the Professor -- and constructed after his demise by the surviving members of his organization using

the technology of the Victorian Age); after Moran failed in his mission, The Computer revealed to the organization

that it had expected Moran to fail, and had sent him on his mission in order to remove what it considered to be a

weak link in the organization's chain.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Well, that is the ideal, Lord Liaden. Basically I merged what I knew/remember about Revent's origin in the 4ed (which mentioned that he was Professor Moriarty's grandson or great grandson, and mentioned that the Professor gained long life thanks to Fu Manchu's herbal life extending potion), and the scant information about The Cabal in the current Champions Universe book.

It was safe to say that Professor Moriarty and Fu Manchu were heads of this organization.  The Professor would never be without his 'Watson', Colonel Sebastian Moran (Bodyguard, head assassin, survivor of the Bore Wars). The other member heads I picked cause they meshed well with Fu and the Professor. By the way, I am strongly thinking of making Eric the Phantom be the first Fantomas. but sometime in the early years murdered and replaced by the current one.

The current list of leaders of this group (and special servants/agents):

Professor James Moriarty: Co-founder of The Cabal and current "President Of Crime" of the organization. Head of the United Kingdom branch.

Colonel Sebastian Moran: Personal bodyguard to Professor Moriarty, head assassin. Expert with all types of guns (especially now, since Fu Manchu's potion extended his life, giving him time to use all sorts of guns). Rival to Scatchmon (SP? Third nipple guy with golden gun).

Doctor Fu Manchu: Co-founder of The Cabal. Currently in semi-retirement as he works to free China from the Communist and establish himself as Emperor of a united Asia. Hates most Englishmen, but has grown to be almost a friend to The Professor.

Doctor Mosaic: The Monster of Frankenstein. He rarely leaves his Baltic castle, unless it is for replacement parts. His agents do not even know that he is the monster of legend (mostly because they think that the Monster is a dumb brute thanks to the movies). Founding member.

Doctor Mabus (sp?), The Gambler: This German and Israel mastermind rarely uses agents, instead using innocent pawns manipulated to do the evil deed he wants, then destroy themselves thanks to the deed. Founding member. 

(More later).

Well, that is the ideal, Lord Liaden. Basically I merged what I knew/remember about Revent's origin in the 4ed (which mentioned that he was Professor Moriarty's grandson or great grandson, and mentioned that the Professor gained long life thanks to Fu Manchu's herbal life extending potion), and the scant information about The Cabal in the current Champions Universe book.

It was safe to say that Professor Moriarty and Fu Manchu were heads of this organization.  The Professor would never be without his 'Watson', Colonel Sebastian Moran (Bodyguard, head assassin, survivor of the Bore Wars). The other member heads I picked cause they meshed well with Fu and the Professor. By the way, I am strongly thinking of making Eric the Phantom be the first Fantomas. but sometime in the early years murdered and replaced by the current one.

The current list of leaders of this group (and special servants/agents):

Professor James Moriarty: Co-founder of The Cabal and current "President Of Crime" of the organization. Head of the United Kingdom branch.

Colonel Sebastian Moran: Personal bodyguard to Professor Moriarty, head assassin. Expert with all types of guns (especially now, since Fu Manchu's potion extended his life, giving him time to use all sorts of guns). Rival to Scatchmon (SP? Third nipple guy with golden gun).

Doctor Fu Manchu: Co-founder of The Cabal. Currently in semi-retirement as he works to free China from the Communist and establish himself as Emperor of a united Asia. Hates most Englishmen, but has grown to be almost a friend to The Professor.

Doctor Mosaic: The Monster of Frankenstein. He rarely leaves his Baltic castle, unless it is for replacement parts. His agents do not even know that he is the monster of legend (mostly because they think that the Monster is a dumb brute thanks to the movies). Founding member.

Doctor Mabus (sp?), The Gambler: This German and Israel mastermind rarely uses agents, instead using innocent pawns manipulated to do the evil deed he wants, then destroy themselves thanks to the deed. Founding member. 

(More later).

The name of the Man with the Golden Gun was Scaramanga, and the German mastermind's name was Mabuse.

Major Tom 2009 :cool: