Power (Stealth) Tricks

g3taso

I've been looking through the various Brick Tricks threads in the archive, and I was wondering about other uses for Power, like... Stealth Tricks

I've got a stealthy character which has some powers, but is heading toward the Batman route in terms of technical excellence (aka the right tools for the job, and a emphasis on 5 and 8-point SLs and CSLs) and I'd love to have some "Ninja Tricks" or "Stealth Tricks" or even just "Damned Competent" tricks to throw out there. Can you all suggest some cool additions to this growing "Batman if Batman was more of a commando, happy to open that lock the quiet way or just get the Halligan and prybars out to just rip the door off it's hinges if convenient"

Here's an example, using SLs with a limitation for a more "skill monkey" power

Vanish In A Crowd: +4 SL with Stealth, Cannot Be Established If Under Direct Observation (-1/2), May Only Move Unobtrusively Or Remain Stationary (-1/2)

"Here one second, gone the next" Teleport: Must be able to pass through intervening space (the old, the Commissioner turns around and Batman is Gone trick) [Requires Stealth Roll added if appropriate]

I Am The Shadows: Invisibility, Sight Group, No Fringe, Only In Shadows, Requires a Stealth Roll.

"I thought that was where you would be standing" - Naked Indirect advantage bought for the max AP of one of your attacks, RSR: Deduction. Used to bounce your attacks from an unexpected angle due to predicting where someone would be standing and using the objects that are around them.

"Oh, did you think I would be standing there?" - +N DCV (apply whatever other limitations you want), Must be able to perceive attack (-1/2), RSR: Deduction

"Glass jaw, eh?" - Analyze Physical Complications (vulnerabilities, susceptibilities, etc).

"I see you favor Twisted Monkey technique" - Analyze combat style (bonus to attacks and defense against target).

You could also use Security Systems to set up traps in advance, use KS and AK of areas with tactics to gain further combat advantages or surprise.

- E

Here's one I think is a great Stealth Trick, in the vein (pardon the expression) of choosing just the right spot to stick a weapon to ensure it REALLY hurts.

Debilitating Strike:  Drain SPD 1 point, Penetrating (+1/2), Cumulative (4 points; +1), Autofire (3 shots; +1 1/4) (11 Active Points); From Behind Or By Surprise (-1/2), OIF (; -1/2)

Desolification, Only To Move Past Locked Doors Windows And Gates and Certin Types Of Entangles As Determined By The GN, Requiers A Roll (Lockpicking or Contortionist, depending on situation), Extra Time (Full Phase at least)

The charater is such a skilled contortionist and/or locksmith that normal doors and windows are no problem to him.

Assassins Unseen Strike.

Killing attack with Invisible Power Effects on Requires Skill Roll (stealth). Thus a character can attack from stealth or invisibility without being exposed, or they can attack openly but gain complete suprise when doing so (if attacking out of combat). If used to attack while in combat, this attack is very difficult to Block or Missile Deflect. (However your group handles blocking invisible attacks....I use 1/2 OCV to block, or 0 OCV at range)

Desolification, Only To Move Past Locked Doors Windows And Gates and Certin Types Of Entangles As Determined By The GN, Requiers A Roll (Lockpicking or Contortionist, depending on situation), Extra Time (Full Phase at least)

The charater is such a skilled contortionist and/or locksmith that normal doors and windows are no problem to him.

Here's an alternate built on the same idea of bypassing barriers like doors and windows tracelessly.

Teleportation 3" (6 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), -1 1/4), Limited Power Only To Move Past Locked Doors Windows  Gates and Certain Types Of Entangles TBD By The GN (-1)

Assassins Unseen Strike.

Killing attack with Invisible Power Effects on Requires Skill Roll (stealth). Thus a character can attack from stealth or invisibility without being exposed, or they can attack openly but gain complete suprise when doing so (if attacking out of combat). If used to attack while in combat, this attack is very difficult to Block or Missile Deflect. (However your group handles blocking invisible attacks....I use 1/2 OCV to block, or 0 OCV at range)

Fully Invisible or Source Only? I'm assuming source only.

Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6, Invisible Power Effects, Source Only (Fully Invisible; +1/2) (67 Active Points); Independent (-2), OIF (; -1/2), No STR Bonus (-1/2)

I was wondering what people thought about being invisible to just the targeting sense, with the flavor that you see the person but don't pay attention to them. A 2pt adder.

There is a thread about this pseudo invisibility somewhere in this list...

• 3 weeks later...