Focus with Multiform

illaden

Hi I hope this is the right place to ask this question
I'm been wondering for awhile now how to create a focus with a multiform attached to it. 
How it would look like to have a rifle goes to a sword in terms of game rules since I want to create a weapon that feel that it is from Final Fantays or something 
thank you beforehand 

This is not a Multiform (and thinking about it that way is propably a dead end). Multiform is for Characters, not items.

One of the core rules when building powers is to always start with the game effect first, not the special effect. And looking at multiform is looking right at the wrong end there :)

It is a weapon that allows multiple attack modes. Not so different from the Phaser with Stun and Kill/Varporize Settings. Wich is naturally build as Multipower.

The HTH-Attack or Killing Attack (HTH) costs less base points. But you also have to factor in that you have to buy +1/2 0 END on that power. Plus maybe reach*.

Example:

60 Reserve Multipower, all slots Focus(-?):
60 AP Blast Slot, Focus (-?); fixed slot

60 AP Killing Attack Slot, Focus (-?); fixed slot

40 Base Points HTH Attack, 0 End (+1/2) = 60 AP, Focus (-?); fixed slot

I do not think Variable SFX is nessesary here. As you have 3 distinct powers, each of wich can have it's own special effect.

*Limited version of Stretching used for weapons. Depends on if this is a heroic or superheroic setting. It aplies more to heroic.

If the item can instead take the shape of "every weapon the user can imagine", then you would have to use a Varriable Power Pool. Wich goes complicated and expensive quickly.

We need a bit more data about the intended game effect to give you more information.

What Christopher said. Switching the weapons form when switching slots is just a description ... it's not even really a special effect.

I could make the same 'weapon' with a broader focus, such as a ring that projects blasts, forms force swords, etc and there's probably not a GM out there that would even consider anything besides 'Yep, that sounds like a multipower'.

I might consider extra time to switch slots (delayed phase) if it's not an 'instant change' concept - but that's as a player to save a few points, not a GM looking to vet it. 

What Hugh said, but I would add variable SFX, since one is a blade and the other is bullets.

Variable special effect is not needed. You would only use it if you had a power (ie a Rifle, that you could change between Lightning, Laser, Blaster etc).

Each Slot in the Multipower is a different power. It's a very classic use of a multipower to use it in place of a Gadget or Weapon pool. Powers in a Multipower do not have to match thematically at least not to the extent that Unified Power does.