Where would I find the Spell limitation?

techogre

I'm sure I've missed it, but I can't find it. Can someone point out the text for the limitation called Spell. I see it used in the spells listed in the Grimoire.

Thanks.

If you missed it, I missed it too. The only direct reference I can find to it aside from listing in spell write ups is on page 258:

Although the Spell Limitation ordinarily forbids casting spells as Multiple Attacks

I'd say that's one for the rules forum? I also poked around in FH 6e, the Bestiary and the grimoire bonus content.

- E

First place I ever recall coming across an enumeration of what the Spell Limitation comprises was the 5e version of Fantasy Hero.  I haven't checked the 6e FH or FHC to see if it's listed there.  Basically, it's a shorthand for a list of common limitations that apply to spells.  I don't have my book in front of me but as I recall it consisted of things like Gestures, Incantations, Requires a Skill Roll, Cannot Be Used In Multi-Attack and a few others I don't remember off-hand.

First place I ever recall coming across an enumeration of what the Spell Limitation comprises was the 5e version of Fantasy Hero.  I haven't checked the 6e FH or FHC to see if it's listed there.  Basically, it's a shorthand for a list of common limitations that apply to spells.  I don't have my book in front of me but as I recall it consisted of things like Gestures, Incantations, Requires a Skill Roll, Cannot Be Used In Multi-Attack and a few others I don't remember off-hand.

It did not encompass any other explicit limitations, but was basically "power works like a wizard's spell and not a SuperHero Power" shorthand, not all that dissimilar from "real weapon" or "real armor". As Armitage notes, it precludes use of certain maneuvers.