The Hunt for Genocide

TheQuestionMan

Greetings Programs, In our weekly Mutant Chronicles campaign we have been kidnapped, attacked, and responded to Genocide attacks on defenseless mutants. The cost has been high and my character Street Angel has had enough. 

Genocide Investigation 

Mutant Underground – Church Massacre 
- Street Angel wants all the information on the Police/PRIMUS investigation.

Hollywood Knights – Death of Dr. Fiasco 
- Street Angel wants all the information on the PRIMUS investigation.

IMAGE – Murdock/Locks 
- Street Angel reaches out to through the Mutant Underground to IMAGE. He wants them to give any information on Genocide that will lead him to Genocide.

Downtrodden – Genocide hunted Tabitha. Fry Daddy’s daughter. 
- Street Angel reaches out to through the Mutant Underground to the Downtrodden. He wants them to give any information on Genocide that will lead him to Genocide.

Mutant Underground – Death of Jennifer Drake 
- Street Angel reaches out to through the Mutant Underground for any information leading to Genocide.

ARGENT – MechEnforcer Robots AX-VI 
- Street Angel attempts to contact ARGENT and negotiate for information leading to Genocide.

Genocide – Minute Man Robots MK-IV, Hover Bikes, and Laser Rifles 
- Street Angel asks Tweaker to investigate the captured equipment for evidence that will lead them to Genocide.

PRIMUS – Silver Avenger Webster’s hatred of Vengeance. 

- Street Angel expends his favour with Webster for any information that will lead them to Genocide.

Champions - 
- Street Angel contacts the Champions for any information that will lead them to Genocide.

Protectors - 
- Street Angel contacts the Protectors for any information that will lead them to Genocide.

California Patrol - 
- Street Angel contacts the California Patrol for any information that will lead them to Genocide.

The Young 6/Mr. X - 
- Street Angel contacts the Young 6 and Mr. X for any information that will lead them to Genocide.

Myrlyn A.I. - 
- Street Angel asks Myrlyn download any relevant information that will lead them to Genocide. 
- Street Angel asks Myrlyn to create a Website and Post a Rewards for Justice. Information leading to the location, arrest, and conviction of Genocide. Reward of Restoration and Detoxification.

Finally 
- Street Angel hits the streets for information that will lead them to Genocide. Exercising his full Social Skills, Reputation, et
c… (14-, plus Modifiers)  

Any Suggestions appreciated!

QM

Hmm, not sure what you are asking...

Are you asking for suggestions for what your character can do to find this 'Genocide' group?  (I presume it's a group?)

I note that you have asked all your friends what they know, but how much information that they have shared that you've shared back with everyone?  You are not the only person with a brain, and they may be able to put things together (with the same information) that you could not.  Some sort of intelligence sharing things is probably bureaucratics, which you have.  In addition, maybe you could rope in a cop / intelligence officer / etc (active or retired) to be your Genocide info coordinator, so that even when you are off heroing, things are still being done.

Follow the money.  Your might not be able to find their secret base but if you can follow up on how those agents of theirs paid for that motel room and rental car, then maybe you can eventually get the IRS to freeze their assets / hijack their secret gold repository / whatever. 

Join up with other hunters.  The next time you are kicking some of them in the face, find out who they are afraid of (that's not you).  Go see if this person wants to team up / share info / whatever.

Make their targets harder:

You can publish a phamplet: so you are a mutant and being targeted by a murderous organization. here are a few simple things you can do to help improve your odds of survival...

Or I dunno, have squads of knuckle draggers waiting at the teleport pads for when someone calls your helpline.  Remember to rope in all of your friends for greater time & area coverage.

Genocide is the anti-mutant group that first appeared in Enemies.

They became were (I believe) the Institute for Human Affairs in the later editions.

The information that the character finds might lead them to discern that they cannot take on the organisation on their own and may need to bring them into wider recognition by the media and law enforcement. So getting papers, television, radio  and bloggers to highlight them might be an idea. A blogger who continually plugs away at them might be more damaging than the rest because there might be pressure that can be used on papers, television and radio. But a single person can be an obstinate pain in the backside.

Street Angel and the Hollywood Knights have good relations with local and state government and law enforcement organizations.

Relations with PRIMUS strained due to Genocide infiltration. (Double Agents)

Relations with IMAGE strained due to murder of unconscious Genocide Agent prisoners. The Hollywood Knights captured the murderer and turned him over to PRIMUS. Recruited former team member Crimson Lake aka: Locks.

I thought I had made a post, but looking through this thread I don't see it.

I was going to suggest Street Angel (SA) get another Multipower slot -- Hypnotic Lights: Mind Control 12d6; Limited Normal Range (20m; -1/2), Requires a Roll (Interrogation at -1 per 20 AP; -1/4), Only to get target to speak truthfully (-1/2), Only in Alternate Identity (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4).  2 RP for a fixed slot.

From your posts, I'm assuming Genocide is as depicted in the Mutant File sourcebook, with Pawns, Rooks, etc.  Also assuming that captured Genocide Pawns, once stripped of their gear and being effectively normal people, would end up in regular prison rather than Stronghold. 

With his Lightbending, Body of Light, and Lightstep it should be relatively easy for SA to sneak his way into an incarcerated Pawn's cell, then use the Hypnotic Lights to interrogate him.  Especially if SA can time it, or pull some strings, so the Pawn is in solitary confinement at the time. 

Thanks BoloOrEarth! Our GM is a real stuckler for not stepping on another PC Sctick!

Now to tailor those questions. 

QM

I'm the same way.  I'm hoping the limitations on the Hypnotic Lights keeps it distinct enough from the mentalist's area of expertise to make it acceptable.  (Assuming you have a mentalist.)  I figured the Required Roll (effectively 11-), along with the chance for the target to make an EGO roll and fight the control, also makes it palatable to the GM.

Reasonable to make it Alternate CV (OCV vs. DCV; +0). Also reasonable (even makes more sense) to have it AVAD (vs. Sight Group Flash Defense; +0).

Reasonable to make it "Can Not Affect The Blind": -0 to about -1/4 limitation depending on how offen Street Angle encounters the Blind and sight impaired. (Snowblind counts as sight impaired).

• 1 month later...