Looking for a few ideas and help from anyone from the UK

Shadow7

Hi all,

I am soon going to be introducing a group of British NPC heroes into my Champions RPG campaign.  This is a campaign which involves a superhero team based in Los Angeles named the Excelsiors (my tribute to Stan Lee!)  I wanted to make it sound as authentically British as possible, so I am reaching out to those who either live in the UK or who have a good knowledge of it for help.

One idea I was leaning toward as far as a team name was the Royal Guard. Although I would be open to other ideas.  

Right now the team will consist of either 4 or 5 members 

The Leader is named Lion's Heart

The other members include....Nightmare (a British female version of Batman), Master-at-arms (a cyborg hero) and Full Throttle (a speedster), not quite sure on that name, is Full Throttle used in the UK?  

The Villain would be someone trying to take over the world named Lord Ravage

Attached below is the figurines of the heroes....

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Shadow7

post-57312-0-67289700-1485585777_thumb.jpg

post-57312-0-34348700-1485585778_thumb.jpg

post-57312-0-75527400-1485585778_thumb.jpg

post-57312-0-14671200-1485585779_thumb.jpg

My immediate responses would simply be about the names. I would not use Lion's Heart instead of Lionheart unless there was a great reason to do it.

Full Throttle is not really a 'thing' over here though understandable to everyone. I would replace that name with Silverstone where the Grand Prix was often run over here.

I was initially fine with Master-at-arms but I think Sarge, Beefeater or Yeoman shout England or Olde Englande more loudly.

I would point out that your group shouts England rather than Britain (which is not a downside but a distinction that may be useful to make).

You could also go with the obvious and Captain Britain or Union Jack which would be more inclusive.

Doc Democracy's points I second. King Richard 1st was called Lionheart and was a crusader king.

I used names like Ironside and Roundhead which refer to the English Civil War when the Crown was defeated by Parliament under Cromwell. But the other side gave birth to the Batman villain Cavalier.

You could use the names of the royal families who ruled England like Plantagenet or Stuart.

The other icons of Britain are John Bull and Britannia which again represent the country.

The coat of arms shows a Lion and a Unicorn so that might be relevant.

If you are looking at military style names you could use Commando. The Champions book Kingdom of Champions used Gurkha. These are Nepalise soldiers who serve in the British army.

For a speedster you could use a car name like Maclaren after the racing car or Stirling after Stirling Moss who was a renowned racing driver.

Let's see I have several heroes who are actual royal guards (members of the household cavalry and guard regiments)

Coldstream an second Iraq war veteran exposed to an unstable supersoldier serum. He has standard cold powers and wears a modified version of the guards red and black uniform rhimed with frost.

Grenadier was a Falklands war veteran badly wounded when he drove on a grenade to protect his squad mates. An experimental tissue regeneration process left him a low grade brick with his arm muscles(the most damaged part) enhanced even further enabling him to throw objects with considerable accuracy and power. He used a range of speciality grenades.

Lifeguard and Royal blue.

The Euroflier project created a functional light power Armour flight system designed to engage superhuman opponents. Individual modules where developed in various European countries with the UK developing the engines and avionics.

The house hold cavalry are the first units to field the unit both in defense of the Queen during public appearances and in combat. The best two pilots from each of the regiments have been assigned as super heroes for promotional purposes.

Not one I've used but would totally work Gold and Silver Stick are ceremonial titles used for military bodyguards of the monarch dating from Tudor times. Now it's mostly ceremonial but imagine if the gold/silver tipped Staves of office actually gave the bearer super powers.