HERO-Lite

Dust Raven

Was there ever such a thing called "HERO-Lite"? I seem to recall some simplified for-beginers publication of the Hero System rules called Hero Lite or something like that. Only I can't seem to find any such thing.

Was I dreaming? Am I hallucinating? Did it just get up and walk away while I had my back turned?

Before DoJ took over Hero Games, fellow board member Tom Carman had a "Hero Lite" version of the 4E rules up on his website - very solid document, too. I believe DoJ asked him to take it off as it detailed too many of their system rules.

There was also an experimental fastplay version of the 4E Hero System that an earlier incarnation of the company had put out for playtesting, called (believe it or not) "Mozzarella Hero." I don't think it ever got past the playtest stage. If you're curious I believe the playtest manuscript is still in the Red October archives on Shelley Crystal Mactyre's website.

Originally posted by Dust Raven

So it does exist. It just hasn't been released yet.

Cool. Most of the players in my new gaming group are new to HERO and don't own a rulebook. I was thinking something like this would make excellent Christmas presents. :D

You'll probably have to make them St. Patricks Day or Memorial Day gifts instead. It isn't on the offical schedule. Steve is trying to fit it in, but if anything slips at all it is the one that will be pushed back. Which is too bad. Of all the products coming in the next six months I'm looking forward to Sidekick the most.

Originally posted by Steve Long

Currently we're thinking that it'll be out round about February. It really all depends, though, on how much re-working I have to do in light of the playtest reports. My initial impressions are "probably not much," but I haven't delved into them in-depth.

Cool, Valentines Day then. My wife has been wanting to learn Hero for a while... Maybe if I packaged it in choclate...