Common mistake of "lethal powers" in Champions

Tech

I think you misunderstood me, HM.  I know you can buy them individually, and I know how to do that.  I'm saying I wish there was something like Resistant Protection, where you have non-resistant PD, ED, Mental, Power, and/or Flash Defense together in one "power" and slap common Advantages and/or Limitations on the whole thing.  A player not familiar with HD might think Resistant Protection is the only way to put advantages / limitations on defenses.

Normal Protection Thing: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 9 Real Cost) Resistant Protection (1 PD/1 ED/1 Mental Defense/1 Power Defense/1 Flash Defense: Sight Group/1 Flash Defense: Hearing Group), Assorted Plug and Play Advantages (+1 1/4) (20 Active Points); Assorted Plug and Play Limitations (-1), Nonresistant (-1/4) (Real Cost: 9)

edit: If you want to encourage this, you might want to increase the Limitation Value of Nonresistant.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Thing

I think you misunderstood me, HM.  I know you can buy them individually, and I know how to do that.  I'm saying I wish there was something like Resistant Protection, where you have non-resistant PD, ED, Mental, Power, and/or Flash Defense together in one "power" and slap common Advantages and/or Limitations on the whole thing.  A player not familiar with HD might think Resistant Protection is the only way to put advantages / limitations on defenses.

Gotcha.

I'm guessing this is not something very likely to happen since it's basically just a display issue and not really a rules issue.  I Would love to see a similar cleaned up display of the final product of using the Differing Modifiers option (very useful for building spells).  I made a formal request to Steve and Dan on this and was basically told that it was too expensive of a change for such a small part of the rule and program. Plus a manual workaround existed (create a custom List).

:)

HM

Gotcha.

I'm guessing this is not something very likely to happen since it's basically just a display issue and not really a rules issue. 

:)

HM

You're right that it's not a rules issue. But it's not "just a display issue." It's also a  "how much of a hassle is it building the character" issue.

Lucius Alexander

Hassling a palindromedary