Adult Dessert Flavors

12 hours ago, Cancer said:

IME coconut is independent of age.  My brother has hated coconut his entire life, literally from the very first baby food with it that was put in his mouth.  I've always liked it.  It's a definite YMMV thing.

Coconut is literally my least favorite food of everything (only black eyed peas come even remotely close).  Something about the taste and texture combo, that makes impossible for me to even force myself to swallow the stuff.  (if on a coconut filled deserted island I may indeed starve do death)

ANd my dad loves it for some reason.

15 hours ago, Cancer said:

At the risk of going non-G-rated in a hurry, the milk produced by humans and cows don't taste much the same.  That of humans feels thinner and tastes sweeter.

And if you perverts want to know how I know, my wife breastfed our kids, but being a dutiful parent I took part of the nighttime feeding duty, warming milk she'd expressed earlier in the day and put in the fridge, and bottle-feeding the infant with that after bringing it up to temperatue.  When you use the reheated stuff you have to check it first, and the easiest and most reliable way to do that is with your own mouth.

Well, I'm glad my mother didn't breast feed me.  :angst:

4 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

There's an "artisan" ice cream place in the next town over that does odd flavor combos.  They had a blueberry & Brie ice cream that I sampled a couple days ago.

I don't know about brie in ice cream, but I've had baked brie with raspberries and really liked it.

2 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

There's a balsamic, fig, and mascarpone ice cream here that I really like.

Balsamic on strawberries is supposed to be fantastic. Adding balsamic and fig to the list. And ginger. Real ginger, not that gingerbread crap.

Try the balsamic and fig with some Cabrales cheese if you can get it, it's out of this world! (Any dry Danish blue could substitute in a pinch.)

The best dessert I've ever had was passion fruit mousse in a chocolate shell cup with whipped cream and mint leaf on top.