Option to turn off confirmation dialogs?

zslane

Is it possible to add an option in the user preferences for turning off the annoying confirmation dialogs that pop up every time I click on either "Mark forum read" or "Mark site read"? I don't ever click on those by accident and so I don't need to be asked if I really, really mean it every time. An option to turn this irritating behavior off would be very welcome.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 11:18 AM, zslane said:

Is it possible to add an option in the user preferences for turning off the annoying confirmation dialogs that pop up every time I click on either "Mark forum read" or "Mark site read"? I don't ever click on those by accident and so I don't need to be asked if I really, really mean it every time. An option to turn this irritating behavior off would be very welcome.

I have found if I use the "Mark Forum Read" from the Home page, it does not give that popup!

Well, first off, there is no "Mark Forum Read" button on the Home page (that button only has forum scope). And the "Mark site read" button still brings up the confirmation dialog even at the level of the Home page, at least for me.

18 hours ago, zslane said:

Well, first off, there is no "Mark Forum Read" button on the Home page (that button only has forum scope). And the "Mark site read" button still brings up the confirmation dialog even at the level of the Home page, at least for me.

image.png.3bb0aaedaa8d65d3ea5e1a34e641cb0a.png

There are three forums here that I can mark as read (Dark Champions, Pulp Hero and Star Hero).  If I hover over the black circle it shows "Mark forum as read" and if I click it, the forum no longer has any mails marked as unread, no confirmation required.  If I go to the forum and click the button there, I am required to confirm the request.  

So, the answer is to read the mails you want, go to the home page and then click down the forums, marking them as read....

Doc

PS: after playing with the pages, the confirmatory text you have posted comes from the home page when you want to mark the whole site as read...not individual forums.

• 3 weeks later...