Reduced Weight limits

Tywyll

8 minutes ago, Lee said:

I couldn't find anything in either the FH source book or FH Complete (both 6e). But, there is a table (two, actually) in the Advanced Player's Guide I on page 7 (also 6e). I don't know about 5e or older.

Lee

Ah, thank you, it was the Advanced Player Guide I was thinking of!!!

5 hours ago, drunkonduty said:

Oh. I didn't know this existed. I'll have to track it down. (Sure, I could simply create my own version of such a thing, but I'm lazy.)

At the high end, 18+ str, the weight limit is basically half what it is in core. So an 18 Strength can lift 150kg rather than 300kg which means encumbrance actually matters!

I looked that over when I was doing my recent FH campaign because in 4th edition the encumbrance penalties were fixed numbers and they HURT.

My years of martial arts training in light to medium armor told me that it isn't just the weight of the armor, but the bulk, vision impairment and overheating (END loss) it causes.

Ultimately what I ended up using was the 4th edition numbers with a 1 tier reduction if your strength was high enough (13 STR for light armors, 15 STR for medium armors and 18 STR for heavy armors).

Calculating armor penalties as a percentage of carrying capacity is not a good approach, imo.

• 3 months later...