100% Sure there is an easier way

JmOz

Real hard time building a power

I know it is a linked barrier and life-support.  Basically the Barrier is a 4" Length (free floating) globe.  The globe has life support inside it.  The power is intended as a prison/rescue device  

29 minutes ago, Ninja-Bear said:

Can you hurt someone inside the globe from the outside? Or is it impervious to all damage?

It has a protective element.  The generator can dispel it, but otherwise if it is up the inhabitant is protected...

Basically trying to make GL Power bubbles...

51 minutes ago, JmOz said:

Wouldn't life support need some UOO & AE?

I wouldn’t think so. I mean you’re in the bubble. You wouldn’t need AoE because your buying the size of Bubble to Englobe. I assume that since if linked the LS to the Bubble and you must be in the Bubble it works. UOO might be a more technically correct approach but I wouldn’t require it.

17 hours ago, JmOz said:

Real hard time building a power

I know it is a linked barrier and life-support.  Basically the Barrier is a 4" Length (free floating) globe.  The globe has life support inside it.  The power is intended as a prison/rescue device  

Well, as GM, I would be content with someone presenting with area affect life support, usable by others, physical manifestation with some resistant defence only for the physical manifestation. I would be asking how it works, how it moves, END requirements but I would generally be facilitative.

Doc

Doc I thought if this last night. Vehicles afaik just purchase LS but don’t need AoE for it.  So to me the bubble is the same way. Now on another thread someone asked about his Radiation character that made an area around him safe and Duke Bushido suggested AoE-LS which I s totally legit I feel.  You don’t need AoE and OOU together. 

Seems excessive for what it is intended for.   Really picture them just kind of floating in space till someone moves them from outside, or maybe a little autopilot to the closest planet, top of ocean, etc... Really intended as a tool for holding people already defeated OR saving innocents

5 minutes ago, JmOz said:

Seems excessive for what it is intended for.   Really picture them just kind of floating in space till someone moves them from outside, or maybe a little autopilot to the closest planet, top of ocean, etc... Really intended as a tool for holding people already defeated OR saving innocents

Well here’s the thing. If you just made it a Force Bubble, I don’t know that many people would question that LS wasn’t tacked on.  I just went with overkill with all the LS. I guess the question is, if you have a Force Field does it inherently protect you from x,y & z? I can actually see it going both ways. 

So in some ways a vehicle might be more of a pain than it’s worth.

1 hour ago, Hugh Neilson said:

What about AoE radius Life Support with a Physical Manifestation?  Tack on a bit of Flight if it''s self-propelled.  Is it important that the bubble shield or imprison the target?  If not, that may do the trick.

Iirc physical manifestation does provide some defense.

Dont see Duke in this thread, so why dont I throw a Duke-ism out.  If you buy LS-usable by others, then the bubble itself is simply the SFX of that power - you see a bubble of force surround the person.  How do you pop the bubble - define that.  If it is not for imprisoning people, then is there a huge need for defences?  You can give it a reasonable defence as part of the SFX.

We do fall into the trap of trying to cost everything, even when it is not entirely necessary....

Doc

5 hours ago, Doc Democracy said:

Dont see Duke in this thread, so why dont I throw a Duke-ism out.  If you buy LS-usable by others, then the bubble itself is simply the SFX of that power - you see a bubble of force surround the person.  How do you pop the bubble - define that.  If it is not for imprisoning people, then is there a huge need for defences?  You can give it a reasonable defence as part of the SFX.

We do fall into the trap of trying to cost everything, even when it is not entirely necessary....

Doc

Well to be fair, I thought you wanted defenses-PD/ED. Remember the 12 DEF 1 Body? 😁

7 hours ago, Hugh Neilson said:

What about AoE radius Life Support with a Physical Manifestation?  Tack on a bit of Flight if it''s self-propelled.  Is it important that the bubble shield or imprison the target?  If not, that may do the trick.

It is important that it can imprison during a non combat situation