Making "Fiery Tackle"

Could be done a number of ways, with or without martial arts. I would do with either an EB or HKA (Fire Based), no range, with a trigger that it goes off on a successful move through. Or maybe EB or HKA with Damage Shield and "only during move through". You might want to buy some levels with move through and some defense with the limitation "only while performing move throughs" if you plan on doing it often.

- E

Looks like a Hand-to-hand Attack vs ED linked to some jump or running.

Yes, HA or HKAs maybe energy-based with the GM's OK. (how would you do a lightsaber?)

That is how I would build it; Area of Effect Blast, Linked to Running. Looks like it might do Knockback, but I don't think it would do Double Knockback. If you are in a Superheroic game, you are already set with that.

A lightsaber is one of those weapons that is truly a flavor to taste weapon. The simplest method I've seen is just a xd6 RKA, No Range, Focus, Armor Piercing. I have a different build, but that one is balanced and easily inserted into any campaign without too much of an issue.

Well, it depends. What do you want?

Obviously it is an attack, and so you want damage, question is, whether it is standard damage, some special effect such as being energy rather than physical or armour piercing or something. It might also simply be a way of supercharging your regular attack to get more damage, possibly at the cost of increased endurance expenditure.

Second aspect is the movement. Now if you want the movement to be usable you can either link the attack to movement so that they can be done simultaneously. You can make the attack dependent on the movement (if you don't have the space to charge, you don't get it). You might also make it part of the special effect. You buy a ranged attack but the special effect is you rushing up and hitting the target and rushing back to your starting location.

So. Lots of options. :-)

Doc

I think my "Fire and Silver Sword" answer could help you here. There are 3 ways you can define variable special effects on an attack:

1. Building time. You can say a attack's special effect is "Flaming Sword". That means that the worst defenses are used against you.

If somebody is resistant to swords and fire, the worst defenses for the attacker would apply.

As others have said, you can put any special effect on HTH-Attack and HKA, but with HTH it is a lot less commonly used (to many people still fear it might break the system).

You can fully apply Martial Maneuvers to powers. HSMA actually delves into that and even has a few superheroic martial arts - Enerjutsu for example.

2. Variable Special Effect. 6E1 has this advantage. It let's you choose wich special effect the attack will have everytime you use it.
It is a conscious choice -.you need to know the enemy is vulnerable to that special effect or uses it for some Mandatory weakness in Desolid/Healing/Regeneration.

The attack counts as that one special effect. The Sword would be a Fire or Silver attack, not a sword special effect while using it this way.

3. Multiple Special Effect. This one is in one of the APG's.

A attack has multiple special effects and automatically it applies the special effect that is worst for the target, after all Limited Defenses, Vulnerabilities and the like are concerned. The rules texts do not delve into what happens with Mixed Vulnerability (like not regenerating Fire while also taking more slashing damage), but I guess "the worst" would fit.

Ultimatively mixing special effects in Hero is not as effective in other systems, particular RPG's/MMO's and D&D:

The amount of damage negated by defenses is rather high. If you try to build a 50/50 attack targetting ED and PD, likely you end up doing less damage then just going for a 100% ED or PD attack. When the idea was to do more damage (either the auto-right special effect, or at least get around the strong defenses better).

Multiple Special Effect is the closest match I could find.