Mages Staff (v1)

HeroGM

Mage's Staff:

• 1/2 END for up to 60AP; OAF(Staff)
  • +4 Sight Group Images AOE:30M Radius; OAF(Staff)
  • Trigger (can redefine from use to use, requires a turn or more to reset) for up to 60 AP Reduced END(0); OAF(Staff), 6 Charges

Playing around with a simple Mage's staff. Nothing special really. The Trigger is to hold up to 6 Spells that the caster must instill into the staff. Can be 6 of the same spell or different ones. Yeah pretty simple, can be done other ways, its what I had at the time. 

• Trigger (can redefine from use to use, requires a turn or more to reset) for up to 60 AP Reduced END(0); OAF(Staff), 6 Charges

Playing around with a simple Mage's staff. Nothing special really. The Trigger is to hold up to 6 Spells that the caster must instill into the staff. Can be 6 of the same spell or different ones. Yeah pretty simple, can be done other ways, its what I had at the time.

Thirty years this summer I've been playing HERO System, and I've learned something new today.  Thank you.  Does exactly what it says on the tin.  

Built it in Hero Designer:

List: Wizard's Staff

1) Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points of Spells (15 Active Points); OAF (Staff; -1), 7 Real Points

2) Sight Group Images, +/-4 to PER Rolls (22 Active Points); OAF (Staff; -1), 11 Real Points

3) Naked Advantage: Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points (15 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4), 8 Real Points

Removed 0 END from the third power, because Charges means it doesn't cost END.

Is that correct to your OP, or did I miss something? Probably did, so no-one else mentioned that 0 END thing.

Thank you mouse. I don't hav full access to a computer so while I have HD I can't properly use it.

When I wrote this (and other things) I had access to champions complete and fantasy hero. And sorry, CC is good, it's not Hero 6th.

There was a reason for the 0 end and it escapes me now. Delayed effect may work better than trigger, it's debatable.

I will say I picked up Fantasy Hero Complete and for some reason it seems a tad better than CC. Nor sure why.

There was a reason for the 0 end and it escapes me now. Delayed effect may work better than trigger, it's debatable.

I thought Delayed Effect might work better. And I was thinking that the 0 END was the Naked Advantage, applied to a Power with Charges, which would allow the Power to work without charges; the 0 END Advantage itself had 6 Charges. I see that I misread it.

• 1 month later...

Probably blew it up. Not sure how to get the trigger I want in there and have it read what I want. The purpose of the 0 Endurance on the Trigger slot is that if the mage is pulling energy from the weave, he shouldn't have to pay End for putting the spell in the staff in the first place.

Mage's Staff, all slots OAF (-1) - END=

15 1) Light the Way: Sight Group Images, +/-4 to PER Rolls, Area Of Effect (8m Radius; +1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2) (44 Active Points); Only To Create Light (-1), OAF (-1) - END=0

7 2) Drain the Weave: Naked Advantage: Reduced Endurance (1/2 END; +1/4) for up to 60 Active Points (15 Active Points); OAF (-1) - END=0

11 3) Use the Weave: (Total: 30 Active Cost, 11 Real Cost) Naked Advantage: Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +1/4); OAF (-1) for up to 60 Active Points (15 Active Points); 6 Charges (-3/4) (Real Cost: 8) plus Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2); OAF (-1) for up to 30 Active Points of use the Weave I (15 Active Points); Linked (???; -1/2) (Real Cost: 10) - END=[6]