Gymnastics Abuse: far more widespread than you might think

unclevlad

12 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Perhaps so but the sounds produced are also really wrong, IMO.

It also seems odd (i.e., also creepy) that, according to the lady in the video, neither the button or it's functions are advertised on the box....

1 hour ago, Starlord said:

It also seems odd (i.e., also creepy) that, according to the lady in the video, neither the button or it's functions are advertised on the box....

Hasbro spokeswoman Julie Duffy told CNN in a statement that "this feature was designed to react when the doll was seated, but we recognize the placement of the sensor may be perceived as inappropriate."
"This was not intentional and we are happy to provide consumers with a replacement Poppy doll of similar value through our Consumer Care team. We are in the process of removing the item for purchase," Duffy added.

That's from CNN.  One still has to wonder about the choice of sounds.  If those were intentional, they simply weren't well-thought.  That said, I'd bloody well bet there's a management review that results in some people getting fired...either for adding sounds that weren't approved, or for approving the sounds.

Mind, there's also a Rolling Stone article about how this is...a little different from what it seems, and we're having OUR hot buttons pressed and reacting.  Which could well be true too, but even after reading that story...I think Hasbro made some poor judgments.  Trying to say "it's not a button, it's a sensor" is hair-splitting.