HERO GMs at DundraCon

Catseye

This is a cross-post from LOH and Conventions topics so I'll keep it brief.

I'm trying to organize a reasonably continuos presence of HERO games in the Open Gaming area for Dundracon. if you are running a scheduled game but would be willing to run it again in Open Gaming OR if you'd just like to run under the LOH/Hero banner in Open Gaming PLEASE post to one of those two threads.

Thanks

Da Cat

Okay guys, this is officially pathetic.

Here in Nor Cal we're at the center of the Hero universe. I know of at least 4 proposed Hero system games for DDC already. if we can't pull together a good Hero side-program here, it doesn't say much for us as a community :(

So come on and ante up. If you've never run at a con before its a GREAT experience and here's a great way to get started! If you're running at the con, you've already done the legwork to create a game to run, how much can it hurt to run it once more?

Originally posted by Catseye

Okay guys, this is officially pathetic.

Here in Nor Cal we're at the center of the Hero universe. I know of at least 4 proposed Hero system games for DDC already. if we can't pull together a good Hero side-program here, it doesn't say much for us as a community :(

So come on and ante up. If you've never run at a con before its a GREAT experience and here's a great way to get started! If you're running at the con, you've already done the legwork to create a game to run, how much can it hurt to run it once more?

If I didn't live in the center of the Continent I would be happy to help.

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

I'll be running a Hero game for the convention itself, but I can't do a run in open gaming. I can't deal with the chaotic atmosphere. Sorry! :(

Says the man who runs Challenge of the Superfriends?? :)

Seriously though, part of the point here is to put together enough of an event that we can justify taking over a corner of Open Gaming as "ours". That aught to cut down significantly on the craziness factor.

Anyway, consider it and if you can't, you can't :(

Originally posted by Derek Hiemforth

I can't deal with the chaotic atmosphere.

Originally posted by Catseye

Says the man who runs Challenge of the Superfriends?? :)

:)

It's not the chaos or noise level in my own game that I mind... it's the chaos and noise level in the ambient surroundings that I can't deal with. I don't mind shouting down my own group (;)), but I hate having to shout or not being able to hear my players because the folks at the next table are screaming. I also suspect that I have mild demophobia, as I can get increasingly anxious or irritable as the number of people in a space grows and their noise level increases. I don't want to commit to doing a game in open gaming, then have it turn out badly because of this and reflect poorly on Hero. :(

I am already committed to dundracon, got my reservations and everything. I wasn't planning to GM, though. I really like attending the seminars and would hesitate to commit to GMing a scheduled game. Maybe I'll try to put something together for open gaming. Just in case.

Keith "Committed? Ought to be committed." Curtis

I trditionally attend but I normally only play at gamecons...I'll try to pull togethera 4 hour quick and dirty...try contacking Dracowitz he almost always runs an official and Might be up for a open game...I mostly attend Dundracon to see my old gammin buddys from when I lived in the bay area, but I'll see if I can get one of them to run instead of me :)