Martial Styles in your campaign

Mr. R

1 hour ago, Tjack said:

I waited to see if anybody else was going to say it but the voices in my head won’t wait any longer.....

Do you mean to say that I could have a character who would “float like a butterfly and sting like a bee”?

****I’m very sorry, sometimes it’s not easy being me.****

In Hero you could have that “literally”! 😁

Updates

The Furious Ogre style

Named for the almost all out offence that it pumps out, many say it emulates the ogres that inhabit the mountains and deep forest

Martial Strike

Offensive Strike 

Sacrifice Strike

Takedown

Martial Dodge  

Martial Block

Weapons- any, but favours BIG two handers or weapon and shield (sword and board).

The Eldritch Shield style

A very defensive style, that was developed by mages who were tired of having to use magic to defend themselves.  It is big on defensive moves to get them out of trouble

Martial Block

Martial Dodge

Defensive Block

Defensive Strike

Takeaway

Nerve Strike

Add Basic Strike

Weapons- favours small one handed weapons.  

Golden Sword Style

Another balanced style.  Their is a friendly rivalry with those of the Splendid Sword Style over which is superior

Defensive Strike

Fast Strike

Martial Block

Sacrifice Strike

Martial Disarm

Add weapons- Favours twin weapons or single weapon

One of the ideas I have is using some real world styles in a sword and planet campaign. Technology would be similar to that of the Victorian Age, but without Gatling guns or rockets. Bayonet fighting is available, so Jukenjutsu is one of the styles available. I haven't decided whether to use Fencing or Kenjutsu as the sword style. Jujutsu-based styles would also be around.

Of course, this won't be Earth, so the names will be changed to something that fits the flavor. Mon'dabi Swordsmanship may even be available to nonhumans.