Anti-Super Powers

AlgaeNymph

On 4/27/2022 at 1:53 PM, unclevlad said:

XDM UAA is nasty, for sure.  

Just about as bad...and potentially cheaper, altho the build may be abusive...is Teleport UAA, with MegaScale and No Range Mod.  

END Drain is better than STUN drain, I'd think, because the halving rule doesn't particularly help...END is +5 for 1 CP, so even if you buy 100 END, it's only 16 points.  Even the half-effect rule for a defensive Characteristic doesn't help that much when there's so little to drain.  And buying up to 100 END is rather high.  STUN Drain will be a bit less effective in that regard, but may combine better with other attacks like AVAD.

Tunneling is the Power of abuse here. Cheap and hard to escape if hole is filled in. 

35 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Tunneling is the Power of abuse here. Cheap and hard to escape if hole is filled in. 

Wouldn't that depend on the victim?  That wouldn't work all that well on a brick.  Clearly, any specific power will have a counter, but raw STR is a lot more common than XDM.  Secondary:  someone buried in that tunnel...who can't break out, and who doesn't have LS:  self contained breathing...is on a countdown clock.  This is a killing form.  Sure, some UAA teleports are, but this one is implicitly killing, and I don't readily see a version that wouldn't be.  That's not a black mark, but it's something that should be considered.

FIlling in is a 10 point adder, too, I note...so I'm not sure it'll be terribly cheap.  

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Wouldn't that depend on the victim?  That wouldn't work all that well on a brick.  Clearly, any specific power will have a counter, but raw STR is a lot more common than XDM.  Secondary:  someone buried in that tunnel...who can't break out, and who doesn't have LS:  self contained breathing...is on a countdown clock.  This is a killing form.  Sure, some UAA teleports are, but this one is implicitly killing, and I don't readily see a version that wouldn't be.  That's not a black mark, but it's something that should be considered.

FIlling in is a 10 point adder, too, I note...so I'm not sure it'll be terribly cheap.  

It's far more effective than any Power short of actual XDM. Even those targets that can free themselves will be hampered for 2-3 Phases in many cases(X meters of even dirt or sand is still pretty tough BODY-wise) and as you say is a potential death trap for many. And isn't that the point for the OP's original organization. Plus, it's far more likely to be relevant. There may not be any truly threating hazards to fly/swim/run/teleport into, but there probably will be ground.

Depends on your goals, and whether you're prepared to suffer the consequences.  

It's likely to be a lot better than an entangle, for sure...even in a non-lethal variant "I plant them neck deep in the ground".  

If you have to plant into stone, it'd get kinda expensive.  Lessee...2 meters tunneling, +4 PD, fill in, UAA...49 points.  Not too bad.  UAA XDM is, what, 45.  UAA Teleport...in principle, this could be cheaper.  BUT, if you want range, you'll invoke the extra phase.  With UAA...that gets complicated.  For combat teleport, that'll be a high base cost.

Be aware that in general, players strongly dislike their characters being made useless. As a GM: been there, done that, avoid it now. I guess your request varies depending on the campaign, when they'll be used, etc.

On 5/3/2022 at 4:37 AM, Tech said:

Be aware that in general, players strongly dislike their characters being made useless.

Obviously.  There are more powers for players.  ; )

Think of the stories!  A shutdown team practically writes itself.  Or something.  : p

On 5/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, AlgaeNymph said:

Obviously.  There are more powers for players.  ; )

Think of the stories!  A shutdown team practically writes itself.  Or something.  : p

Until the players get upset and quit the game.

15 hours ago, Tech said:

Until the players get upset and quit the game.

That's what honest communication is for.  Don't wanna be a jerk, after all.

Though that's not an issue for me: I don't have players; I main use game settings to muse about possibilities.  ^_^;