Let's Fight!

Asperion

There is someone rampaging through the city that another is defending. Exactly who is doing this rampaging and who is the defender? Both of these will need to be decided in each post for the next poster. In the current post,  you will need to take the contestants given and state the nature of the battle, battlefield,  and victor. 

Up first :  Spiderman versus Blue Beetle 

Jamie Reyes’ science class is on a field trip to New York (and from DC to Marvel) to see a selection of meteors collected by NASA.  One of the samples contains a bio-technical organism that reacts to the Blue Beetle armor and tries to upload its own programming to select a planet for colonization for its creators. The conflicting commands cause the armor to mutate into a 10 foot tall battle machine.
   Peter Parker is at the facility to take pictures of the many school’s participants for the Daily Bugle when chaos erupts.

Spider-Man’s experience with foes of this kind let him move the battle outside the school grounds towards Central Park. During the fight Jamie regains enough control to speak to Spider-Man and together they come up with the idea of purging the memory system with a powerful electrical charge. 
    Peter finds a Con-Ed truck abandoned due to the fighting and uses the cables inside to tap into the N.Y.C. power grid shocking the out of control Beetle and letting its core memory reboot leaving Jamie in charge once more.

Its kind of a Marvel Team-Up kind of thing but at least its quick.

Let’s see, how about...Dr Destroyer (Champions) vs. Dr Doom (Marvel)

Destroyer decides that Latvaria is an insult to his greatness, and believes that Doom is mocking him by existing, and is working on curing both problems. Doom defends what is his by right.

Doom wins, cause if we are talking about the current version of Doctor Doom, he has both the power of magic and technology on his side. I.E. God Emperor Doom.

Darkside (DC) vs Queen Beryl/Dark Kingdom (Sailor Moon).

On 4/21/2022 at 11:05 AM, steriaca said:

Destroyer decides that Latvaria is an insult to his greatness, and believes that Doom is mocking him by existing, and is working on curing both problems. Doom defends what is his by right.

Doom wins, cause if we are talking about the current version of Doctor Doom, he has both the power of magic and technology on his side. I.E. God Emperor Doom.

Darkside (DC) vs Queen Beryl/Dark Kingdom (Sailor Moon).

Darkside is attempting to make another push for gaining absolute mastery over everything. He has been able to get the JL out of the way (easier than he expected) and now onto the next stage.  Here he discovered someone that he didn't expect. 

Queen Beryl was busy planning her next move against those Guardians when suddenly a mysterious portal opens outside her realm.  Wondering who would make such an affront into her territory,  she (with some minions) goes to investigate.  At this point, she finds a strange guy who seems to be made of something unusual. Beryl attempts to tell him to leave,  only to have him act as though she is beneath him.  Insulted by this,  she lashes out with several minor attacks to tell him to leave.  

Right after Darkside exited his portal,  he realized that he ended up someplace other than where he ment to. Not long afterward,  a mysterious woman with red hair leading several others approached him demanding that he leave.  Darkside being who he is (unusual for him) simply chose to ignore her threats until she lashed out with some attacks that were designed to get his attention.  She wants attention,  she will have it and gives her a low powered Omega Blast (at least low powered for the likes of Superman).  

Shortly after Beryl used her attention grabbing attacks,  this stranger hit her with some strange blast from his eyes that were of the nature that she had never felt before.  Beryl responded by having her minions attacking this stranger (he swatted them aside like they were flies) and turned his attention to Beryl.  After that,  he decided to attack Beryl.  

Getting tired of this back and forth,  Darkseid (especially after she sent her minions for the slaughter), had decided to end things finally.  He went for her at a speed that seemed to surprise her and hit her with his high strength that she was not able to strike back on until she was at least unconscious if not dead.  

Up Next: Battle of the Elastoids

Mr. Fantastic versus Plastic Man 

• 9 months later...

Reed Richards and Patrick O'Brian meet by chance at an auction of classic Stretch Armstrong toys.

"OMG it's Mr. Fantastic" girl-screams O'Brian, "I am such a fan; a Fantastic Fan! Comin' in for a hug!"

Phase 12, Plastic Man attempts a Grab attack at range and succeeds against the surprised Richards, squeezing him enthusiastically for moderate damage. Richards resists with his ridiculous defenses including damage reduction.

Next phase, Richards recovers and elongates himself out of the inappropriate gesture of public affection.

"Excuse me, but I am not really comfortable with this kind of..."

"I have always wanted to ask: are those sideburns real? Cause I have to kind of concentrate to get my hair just right or it goes all floppy cowlicky." O'Brian spirals up and entirely around the less-flexible scientist and begins messing with his hair.

"Sir I am going to have to ask you to desist. Your actions violate the superhuman act of ..."

"Buzzkill! Would Stretch Armstrong report me?" O'Brian reaches one arm way, waaay across the room to snag a toy freshly-purchased by a buyer on her way out."

"Hey that's mine! Give that back, I paid three grand for that!"

"Testy. Say, Stretch, would you report me? 'No I would not, that would be a major buzzkill.' That's totally what I said, hey, tell that to Fantastic Guy here."

He hurls the toy at Richards, who aborts his next action to reflect the projectile back to the owner. The owner critically fails her catch roll and takes 3d6N damage from the impact for a total of 13 STUN, 4 Body. She falls, stunned and severely bruised about the face.

"Hey that was not cool!"

"Sir you have escalated this conflict too far; stand down or face the consequences."

"In your hat, Rubber Einstein!"

O'Brian transforms into a tank and charges Richards, rolling over him and entangling him in ersatz tank treads. Richards tries to sigh, but can't inhale enough air to make sounds. He once again elongates out of the restriction, this time stretching towards the fire exit.

"Try to bounce on me, eh? That's OK, I'm flexible."

With astonishing speed, O'Brian springs out of tank form and rockets across the room to barricade the fire exit by forming himself into a medieval drawbridge.

But escape is not Richards' intent. Instead, Mr. Fantastic snatches the CO2 extinguisher mounted next to the door and empties it down his opponent's disco shirtfront.

"Today that applies only your morals, I'm afraid."

"Tooo...cold...nooo...fair...can't...stretchy...stupid...science..."

Richard pops open his FantastaPhone (TM) and hits speed dial. "Herbie, I'm going to need a level four containment module. I've got an advanced shapeshifter here, could be well into Omega class. I have him immobilized but be quick. Richards out."

Next up: It's all in the reflexes...

Brisco County Junior (Brisco County Junior, The Greatest Guns Who Never Were) vs. Jack Burton (John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China, http://www.surbrook.devermore.com/adaptationsmovie/btilc/jackburton.html)