Oops! You lost your head!

Sicarius

34 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

You can transform anything into anything else, dead to alive is definitely in the options.  Especially since the origin of Transform was "if you can kill someone with this many points, then why can't you change the in other ways?"

I mean you can do it with Healing but its either more expensive and tougher to do with Transformation (major transform to a body, either a bunch of transforms cumulative to the target, or one really big transform) so its not like you're cheating or breaking the rules to do so.

Ok. Your correct. I guess that was a house rule I misremembered or something. 

1 hour ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

You can transform anything into anything else, dead to alive is definitely in the options.  Especially since the origin of Transform was "if you can kill someone with this many points, then why can't you change the in other ways?"

I mean you can do it with Healing but its either more expensive and tougher to do with Transformation (major transform to a body, either a bunch of transforms cumulative to the target, or one really big transform) so its not like you're cheating or breaking the rules to do so.

So do you think a Life Keeping Spell which automatically triggers upon death a Transform - major would be the best way to handle this RAW?  Its the best I can come up with unless perhaps a spell which made the character a mummy or lich like creature before the death and only total burning would kill him DEAD.

I understand I might be revving the systems engine but a system which can reproduce Superman, The Vision, Hulk or Doctor Strange seems powerful and flexible enough to do this without resorting to a hand wave.

On 5/31/2022 at 1:58 PM, Grailknight said:

I would do it as a Multiform triggered by Regeneration from death by the main form with No Conscious Control. The Multiform would also be Limited (Can't Revert) until the damage is repaired(Soulcatcher) or has an additional form when provided with a substitute body(Limper).

But would this limit him to a single form when it might be -  Multiform, no body below chest,  Multiform - Head only,  Multiform- 1 arm, shoulder, neck and head?

It seems Multiform is limited to a specific alternate form, (unless I am mistaken), and there is a bit of ground to cover here.  That's way Transform - major seems a bit more likely to me.  But I'm a noob and could be missing something more obvious.

Ok. Your correct. I guess that was a house rule I misremembered or something. 

Well you are not wrong that there is a rule saying that you cannot use Transform to do something other powers do, but there's a caveat: transform is only prohibited this way if its cheaper and easier to do.  Hero rules let you do things a bunch of different ways, but you cannot substitute one power for another just to save points.  You can technically build a blast with Drain or Transform, but its not breaking that rule because it would cost more.

9 hours ago, Sicarius said:

But would this limit him to a single form when it might be -  Multiform, no body below chest,  Multiform - Head only,  Multiform- 1 arm, shoulder, neck and head?

It seems Multiform is limited to a specific alternate form, (unless I am mistaken), and there is a bit of ground to cover here.  That's way Transform - major seems a bit more likely to me.  But I'm a noob and could be missing something more obvious.

The first Multiform is limited to one specific form but for every +5 Points spent you can get 2x forms and those forms can be completely different from one another. 

• 4 weeks later...

This sounds like some kind of regen (even from things that would normally kill you), or just extra body to avoid death - with the restriction that you get inconvenienced by injuries that 'go that far'.

Which sounds like a limited power to me. You definitely should not need to spend points to represent the issues caused by the injuries; pretty much by definition the ability above should cost less than the ability to just heal without complications.

Maybe a side effect that causes physical limitations chosen by the GM each time the "I'm not dead yet" effect triggers?

I'd actually build it as a Hidden Life power.  You'd have to target the seat of life;  even mangling the body wouldn't necessarily be enough.  There might be some limit to that, but even, say, doing enough damage to get to -2X BODY might not be lethal per se.  (The character has to also have Resurrection regen to be meaningful.)