Master List of Martial Arts Maneuvers?

megaplayboy

Has anyone created a master list of martial maneuvers incorporating all the maneuvers from HSMA/UMA, Lucha Libre Hero and so forth?  HSMA has a nice long list and LLH an even longer one, but it would be nice to have something comprehensive, with maneuvers sorted by type(strike, block/dodge, throw, grab, escape, weapon manuevers, etc.).  There are literally hundreds of maneuvers, not including one-off martial arts written up in various places.  If no one has, I'm inclined to take the project on.  

53 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

I think  Hero Designer has the complete list. There may be a few new ones in newer works like Lucha Libre but most of the "hundred" that you see are just variations in name  in the particular style.

LL's master list is 4 pages long.  I suspect that there are more than a few new maneuvers in there. 

3 minutes ago, Grailknight said:

Possible, I don't have that book so I could be very wrong. But look to see how many are the same move with different names because they are different styles.

There are some, but clearly there are new maneuvers, including ones that make use of wrestling-specific elements(using the turnbuckle, throwing into the ropes, etc.).  It might also be useful to have an annotated list that notes the variations(sfx) on specific maneuvers(a double backfist and a spinning roundhouse might both be offensive strikes, but the sfx might be relevant in specific circumstances).

HSMA p. 7 has the core list of HTH martial arts maneuvers.  Going past that, you get into the rules to build your own if you want more.  I have a couple I often build...a power strike that's +1 OCV and +3 DCVs OR -1 DCV and +4 DCVs depending on my mood, for example.  It's pretty easy.  What I'd MUCH rather see than a list...especially just SFX-related stuff since that's trivial to specify...would be a maneuver builder that writes up the HSMA rules.  Huh...I might just do one for myself.  Not like the rules are that complex from a coding standpoint.

HD's list is, I believe, straight from HSMA.

And yeah, at least in the HSMA styles, there's almost nothing that's not on that list.  There might be a few...especially ranged combat (Enerjutsu), and I think the speeder package (Hypercombat) might.  But the vast majority are standard maneuvers using style-specific names.  Books like Lucha Libre...that's almost a campaign book where the fundamental focus is the world of Mexican-style cinema and wrestling, so it wouldn't surprise me at all that there are wider-scaled maneuvers.  And was there an HSMA prior to 6th, with the build-a-maneuver rules?  

1 hour ago, unclevlad said:

And was there an HSMA prior to 6th, with the build-a-maneuver rules?  

Ninja Hero 4ed, The Ultimate Martial Artist 5ed, and HERO System Martial Arts 6ed. Your welcomed. 

There is also Mental Combat, including Mental Martial Arts, from pages 69 to 78 of the Advance Player's Guide 2, but they do NOT give you the ability to create your own manuvers like on HERO System Martial Arts. So if you actually NEED to create your own forms of Mental Martial Arts for a mentalist orientated campaign, your Satilight Of Loved.

And from the same book, Social Combat (pages 79-96), but that doesn't follow actual Martial Arts more lthen Talents pseudo powers.

3 hours ago, steriaca said:

Ninja Hero 4ed, The Ultimate Martial Artist 5ed, and HERO System Martial Arts 6ed. Your welcomed. 

There is also Mental Combat, including Mental Martial Arts, from pages 69 to 78 of the Advance Player's Guide 2, but they do NOT give you the ability to create your own manuvers like on HERO System Martial Arts. So if you actually NEED to create your own forms of Mental Martial Arts for a mentalist orientated campaign, your Satilight Of Loved.

And from the same book, Social Combat (pages 79-96), but that doesn't follow actual Martial Arts more lthen Talents pseudo powers.

Pretty sure that Ultimate mentalist also had mental combat maneuvers.  

Kingdom Combat has its own "maneuvers" as well.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2022 at 11:28 AM, steriaca said:

Off-topic, but I literally just realized that being on the Satellite Of Love means you're SOL.

I feel very dumb.