Oh my, get yer tickets...

unclevlad

6 hours ago, Cygnia said:

This ain't ominous at all!

Monday’s winning Powerball numbers delayed

Story reports why now.

In an emailed statement to queries from The Associated Press, the Multi-State Lottery Association said the delay was the result of a participating lottery that needed additional time to process its sales. The association also said it was against its policy to name the lottery that was experiencing the delay.

I can buy that.  Expected jackpot was 1.9;  it shot all the way to 2.04.  That means the sales *since Saturday* grew the jackpot something over $400M, for quite possibly a 2-day sales record.  And remember:  that's how much the jackpot went up.  IIRC, 50% of sales --> the jackpot.  And that's NOT PowerPlay...just the base ticket.  So one state's system just a bit overloaded...

Oh well.  I got 2 numbers!

On separate entries....

Yeah, just as well.  Handling that much money is more trouble than it's worth....  🤪🤪🤐

An interesting point...there were 23 tickets that won the Match 5 prize...all 5 but not the Powerball.  That is statistically significant... :) Used to be Power Play wasn't so bad, but now?  Prettly clearly, most don't think so.

Well.  The fun's over.  Someone in California's going bonkers.  I'm going to lunch.