Rivarlies with other Super heroes

Hermit

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Seeker

Originally posted by McCoy

I always thought Steve Irwin would be the perfect Secret ID for Seeker, as well as my first choice to play him him in Champions: The Motion Picture.

Great image, McCoy.

"Krikey, its Dr. Destroyer. We'll need more than a staff to take on that beauty, mates.":D

Re: Re: Rivarlies with other Super heroes

Originally posted by lemming

I think half of the PCs in my game have rivals in the other PCs.

Indeed, my character Blazing Arrow has a rivalry with 2 of the other characters: 'Crete (as in short for concrete) because he embraces concrete over nature, and Blazing Arrow wants to convince him otherwise; and Coriolis (played by Chromatic who just showed up on the boards) who's a vainglorious, pompous airbag because of, well, who he is. Actually in both cases though it's a friendly rivalry. I see Blazing Arrow and Coriolis temperamentally as a sort of Odd Couple and I think they like annoying each other. With 'Crete it's purely friendly, Blazing Arrow just wants him to be enlightened.

Augh, it's contagious. Stupid hats.

Actually, Coriolis has a rivalry with _all_ the other PC's in the game. No disad points for it though.

By far the biggest rivalry I've played with is the one in your game, Zornwil. The two big brains trying to out think eachother sometimes makes even me think its getting out of hand. Of course who's really capable of arguing with someone with triple digit intelligence?

In the past I did run a campaign where three players all had a rivalry with eachother and took the disads. From time to time it was forgotten until I reminded one of them about it, then the session was a bickerfest.

Years ago, in Dennis Mallonee's (infamous of Hero comics) campaign several players discussed having a rivalry or even a hunted with some of the NPC heros (all played by the GM naturally). This might have been more of a saving our sanity measure though.

merry xmas.

Originally posted by Chromatic

Augh, it's contagious. Stupid hats.

Actually, Coriolis has a rivalry with _all_ the other PC's in the game. No disad points for it though.

By far the biggest rivalry I've played with is the one in your game, Zornwil. The two big brains trying to out think eachother sometimes makes even me think its getting out of hand. Of course who's really capable of arguing with someone with triple digit intelligence?

In the past I did run a campaign where three players all had a rivalry with eachother and took the disads. From time to time it was forgotten until I reminded one of them about it, then the session was a bickerfest.

Years ago, in Dennis Mallonee's (infamous of Hero comics) campaign several players discussed having a rivalry or even a hunted with some of the NPC heros (all played by the GM naturally). This might have been more of a saving our sanity measure though.

merry xmas.

Yeah, the Sihn/Laughton rivalry isn't too bad though, seems to be reasonably controlled, confined primarily to the right places as opposed to in-combat for the most part.

Nice hat... :D

Lemming didn't modify your avatar, he copied the image, edited it and posted a link to it for you to download should you choose. Just about any decent image editing program can make animated Gif's these days, and the heavy weights can edit them. Look at GIMP, PaintShop Pro, or Photoshop any of those three can do the trick.

Oh, and yeah that was me hiding in the dishwasher box your neighbors were tossing out who was spying on you.

P.S. better rake your lawn, I heard the dogs discussing plans about leaving you piles under the leaves.

RE: Seeker Tangent. Hey, I almost named my dog Seeker. It has ended up as his surname (Buster Seeker), because even my mother acknowledges he should have been named Seeker :D

In the "Neo-Champions Universe" -- my current campaign in a CU mixed with several other superhero RPG universes (including Aberrant and Brave New World) with a heaving leavening of character conversions -- I mixed and mingled the 4th and 5th Edition teams and placed them in the 450 point range with experience. So you have Defender, Jaguar, Solitaire (with a writeup along the lines of the one in Ultimate Mentalist), NightSeeker (basically Nighthawk with a "Seeker motiff" instead of that stupid bird hat), Ironclad (almost verbatim, just powered up), and Sapphire (same personality but writeup that is both powered up and changed to reflect the reality of 5th Edition).

Originally posted by Southern Cross

And the reason I was annoyed was,as I said,Idon't know how to alter my avatar.I would have rather had a post telling me how to do this,or at least directing me to a relevant post on these boards.

Sorry, didn't mean to annoy you on that. I did it with GIMP, but Chromatic already pointed you to a variety. And I think you can get GIMP for any of the OSs' and it's free! (I download the source and compile it)

My character Powerman had a rivalry with my brother's character, Ace. We were fighting over a girl. It got pretty intense and at one point PM was mindcontrolled into attacking his rival (yeah, it was only a +20; he wanted to do it)

The fight illustrated the Brick vs Martial artist argument quite well, it went three whole turns. Then PM got lucky and connected and Ace was in intensive care.

Oh,who said that? I wasn't aware any body on this board knew where I live.

And the reason I was annoyed was,as I said,Idon't know how to alter my avatar.I would have rather had a post telling me how to do this,or at least directing me to a relevant post on these boards.

Sorry, thought you were kidding, so I gave a joke response. Without meaning to fan the flames, I'm not sure why you're so upset when it was just posted in this thread as a seemingly innocent joke. Your original avatar is in good shape of course.

I was just annoyed that someone would copy & then post up an altered version of same,when I'm not yet able to do so,not having installed any of the graphics programs mentioned in this thread.

FWIW, it's common practice around these parts (though normally in NGD, we got off-topic here). It's not considered rude, at least I've never seen anyone respond as annoyed or offended. I'm not telling you how to feel, of course, but am saying that it's just not a big deal within the subculture of these (and from what I can see many other) boards. Most often it's done as a form of prodding but gentle humor.