Western Champions. How Would You Run It?

steriaca

On 4/22/2023 at 11:16 PM, Khymeria said:

I keep coming back to this sort of thing. A companion animal is a really good thing to complete a PC for this style of campaign. The super smart, fast, tough horse is obvious, Hi-Ho Silver and all that. The mountain lion, wolf, or coyote are also pretty easy to imagine choices. A hawk or eagle could also be an option for a PC and still keep an old west feel. I mean there is nothing keeping someone from a character with a more exotic animal like an orangutan or tiger, but it could come with a series of problems. "You can't bring that thing in the saloon."

Oh, you mean like this? (Regular damned Disney Princess) 

Michelle touched the orb, which is the size of a grapefruit, after she got her medical degree. 

Her medicine bundle contains a pigeon’s wing, a stone from a river, a necklace that belonged to her mother, and an akoonah, wrapped in animal skin.  An akoonah (taken from the Star Trek: Voyager episode The Cloud) is a device found by Michelle’s medicine man friend to facilitate vision quests, taking the place of psychoactive herbs.  It is used by placing one’s hand on the surface of the device and concentrating on an object important to the user. 

Out of habit, she carries a sheath knife in her right boot.  

I haven’t decided on her animal guide.

Hannah’s dog, Sugar, is actually a gray wolf.  She and Tabitha are friends.

Edited by Mark Rand