Market Research: Creatures of the Night, Revised?

DShomshak

2 hours ago, Rich McGee said:

You've seen the Dalek music vids with them covering various old tunes, right?  I know Stam Fine over on youtube had quite a few of them in his Who vid reviews, but there are others.  Their voices lend themselves surprisingly well to ABBA songs, for some reason.  :)

Doctorin' the TARDIS!

2 hours ago, Rich McGee said:

You've seen the Dalek music vids with them covering various old tunes, right?  I know Stam Fine over on youtube had quite a few of them in his Who vid reviews, but there are others.  Their voices lend themselves surprisingly well to ABBA songs, for some reason.  :)

Actually no, but I do imagine them doing Inexces' "I Need You Tonight".

4 minutes ago, Gauntlet said:

God, I haven't even thought of Dr. Who for over a decade now.

It's probably better that way.  :)

Although a re-watch of some Tom Baker or Patrick Troughton or Jon Pertwee or whoever your personal ideal Doctor is might remind you of why you once thought of him more regularly.  There's something to be said for a bit of nostalgic low-budget scifi.

• 2 months later...

Just a note that I am still working on this as time and energy permit. I recently finished the revised version of Razor Girl. I'm working on a magical martial artist lackey for Shadowfire and his cult, which is now an independent group with no connection to the Devil's Advocates. (Though I mention he could join them.) His daughter Nightstar already has a full writeup.

"Darkhand" was the top cult enforcer before Albert Nomus usurped leadership. He serves the new master while assessing how Shadowfire uses the cult and his new power. He does not yet tell everything he knows, such as how to find the Black Bodhisattva -- leader of the Black School overall, of which the cult of the Greater Dark was just a local branch.

Dean Shomshak

• 3 weeks later...

Update on my other project, The Sylvestri Family Reunion. HERO Patreon backers had their chance for a few months to comment on the manuscript, but Jason says they pretty much didn't. I choose to interpret that as the book being so good that no one thought of anything to add or change. :rolleyes: Our colleague Lord Liaden also gave it a test read and offered suggestions, but please don't pester him for spoilers. He's sworn to secrecy by dreadful oaths. ("Don't talk about it, okay?" "Sure, whatever.")

The manuscript and illustrations have gone to Jason, who will see to it that it will be assembled using actual pagemaking software, not just a simple pdf conversion. He also promises cover art. I'm thinking maybe just the Sylvestri achievement of arms, but there may be time for people to offer suggestions.

There will be a disclaimer for people who have difficulty telling reality from fantasy:

This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance of any character or incident to any real person, living or dead, or any real event is accidental and unintentional.

Occult themes, traditions, and lore are used only for entertainment. This work should not be regarded as endorsing such beliefs or practices. There are no demons. There are no Satanic sorcerers. There is no magic.

Evil, however, is real.

Dean Shomshak

4 hours ago, DShomshak said:

Update on my other project, The Sylvestri Family Reunion. HERO Patreon backers had their chance for a few months to comment on the manuscript, but Jason says they pretty much didn't. I choose to interpret that as the book being so good that no one thought of anything to add or change. :rolleyes: Our colleague Lord Liaden also gave it a test read and offered suggestions, but please don't pester him for spoilers. He's sworn to secrecy by dreadful oaths. ("Don't talk about it, okay?" "Sure, whatever.")

Yes, please show consideration for the disposition of my immortal soul. :fear: