Skirmish gaming

Just wondering if folks here think Champions/HERO would work as a skirmish miniature combat only game? Coming from a Heroclix and Marvel Crisis Protocol background (neither game I liked much) I'm wondering if these rules would work for my needs?

Thanks

What Grailkight said is accurate, but Champions has a lot of roleplaying material wrapped around the combat engine that you might not need/want for a minis game. 

If you're after a pared-down, dedicated minis game rule set for supers that I'd advise taking a look at Four-Color Studios family of rules.  Scott's been tweaking and revising his game engine for well over 20 years now since the 1st edition of SuperSystem came out.  At this point he's got several variations to choose from, some with light roleplay elements (Super Action Roleplay going the farthest in that direction), some more straight combat games (Super Skirmish Gaming) and some straddling the line the same way Rangers of Shadowdeep does for fantasy (Slugfest).

OTOH, if you want to branch out into roleplaying with a strong tactical combat system and the maximum possible character design versatility, HERO/Champions still has Scott topped.  It's had over 40 years of development and a heck of a lot more people involved in the design work over the years, where Four-Color is a one-many op with a smaller fan base and much less exposure.  Just plain more versatile at doing the roleplaying end of things.  

All a matter of how much complexity you want, most of which is in character design in both cases.

Appreciate the information.

I do have Super Skirmish Gaming and it seems somewhat simple (not a bad thing) but it doesn't have much fan created Marvel and DC character stats and I don't really have the time for all that work. I'm eyeballing the Marvel FASERIP system too, but not sure which of these 2 rules will suit my needs the best. I'll have to do some digging!

On a side not.....there are fan created stats for Marvel & DC characters, right? I looked here and didn't see anything, but I just glanced around for a wee bit.

Thanks again