Wing build

Sociotard

Originally posted by Sociotard

Yes, but that HA has no range. I conceptualized these guys as having a 15+ ft. wingspan, so they have the equivalent of 1" stretching. Which is where my question came in. Good catch though, I'd forgotten the Dragon folk writeup.

Hmmmm, this is making a surprising number of people uncomfortable. Maybe I should make them people who went to heaven and come back through the corps, and are issued "passionless" bodies. When they feel a little anxious, they can go back to the divine realms and whatever significant other they have there. I'm not sure, but I'll give it some thought. After all, in the medieval era, this wasn't especially uncommon. In italy, they'd castrate choir boys so they'd never lose their angelic voices (they didn't have much say in the matter).

Well, yeah. If you cut off my arm to give me a better cyberarm, or a magical arm made of stone, or replace it with an arm from a demon or something, OK. If you cut off my arm because you don't want me grabbing anything, that's just creepy.

I've always considered angels to be other than human. Non-mortal, non-reproducing, but capable of a diverse quality of passions. If you go and kill every first born child in Egypt, its better if you feel SOMETHING about your work. Additionally, the rebellion resulted from passion. And St. Theresa had an exciting interlude with an Angel that can only be described as passionate. There are other examples, I'm sure. The smiting of Sodom and Gommorah.

As I see it, the order of holy hosts goes like so:

1. The saved

2. The Sainted

3. The Angels (which are subdivided into seraphim, cherubim, etc.)

4. The Archangels (at least four, depending on who you ask and how you count)

5. The Triune God.

Clearly, this is VERY different from the game world you're creating. FWIF, if you're going to cut off a guy's naughty bits, don't givie him super powers - he's going to kill you.

Angels, being the messengers of God and some other theological stuff I don't recall off the top of my head, are pretty much exempt from sin. Considering that the message they tended to deliver was "You're going to die in about five seconds," I think they get a freebie on the "thou shalt not kill" thing.

Wait just a minoot! Angels can't date, but they can hit people? What? On a date, you're at least being nice to someone.

Although, if I was missing my equipment, I might be violent, too.

And BTW, there are plenty of rennaissance paintings of fully-functional (or at least fully-equiped) angels, cherubs, etc.

I was going to suggest UbO on personal DEF, but someone beat me to it (Armor UbO).

And I would buy them as Extra Limbs unless you can pick things up or hang onto somthing with them.

Perhaps levels w/Move Thru/Move By while flying, or some kind of AE "Fly Thru" Attack, to represent bowling over several poeple standing in a group as wide as your wingspan. AE Line 2" Wide, say.

Originally posted by Nightfly

30pts Dragon-Folk Wings: Multipower, 30 Point Reserve

2u (1) Flying (3 END): 15" Flight, Restrainable (-1/2)

1u (2) Wing Buffet: HA + 2d6, Hand-to-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Er, so you're saying that this dragon-folk person can hit me harder with their wing than they can with their arm?

I don't know all that much about Dragon-Folk, I find a lot more meat on drumsticks than on wings...

Er, so you're saying that this dragon-folk person can hit me harder with their wing than they can with their arm?

It's not out of the question actually. The muscels that work the wing are in the chest. In essence, they flap with their pectorals. Think there's a lot of meat in a drumstick? Try a breast! I was reading an article on "what if humans had wings". They ran some rudimentary numbers, and figured that, in order to fly, humans would need a chest six feet deep. My angels won't be that busty. They just have super-muscles!

For Reference, Swans hit predators and critters that get too close to their nest with their wings. They can break a man's arm in one strike.

In case anyone was interested, here's my final writeup.

Penna Albatus

Multipower (20 point Reserve -1/2 all restrainable:13 real points )

1u Advolo Flying 10" (-1/2 Restrainable) 13 real points

1f Praelabor Gliding 6" (-1/2 Restrainable) 4 real points

1u Advolo Pronus Flying 9" (-1/2 Restrainable; -1 Only to stoop) 7 real points

1u Penna Attingo Stretching 1" (+1/2 No End) (-1/2 Restrainable; -1/4 Always Direct; -1/4 No Velocity Damage; -1/4 No Noncombat Stretching; -1/4 Only to cause Damage) 3 Real Points

Plus

Extra Limbs (-1/2, extremely limited manipulation) 3 Real Points

Plus

1d6 HA (-1/4 Linked) 4 Real Points

Total Cost: 24 Points

Recomended: Power Skill (use Wings), to allow for various tricks.

By way of explanation, I always set HA as costing 5 points even (STR is 1.5 per pip). Also, while it's clearly against the rules, The Stooping can Add to the Flying (besides, 13 points plus 7 = 20)

All the languages in my campaign are just real world languages, saving effort on my part. I was going to make the Angels speak Hebrew, but I could only find dictionaries with the hebrew word in hebrew characters, so these angels speak latin.

Using this forum as an indicator, I better not use the sexless bit. my angles will be altered people, but will retain their bits and pieces.