Wing build

Sociotard

I was making an Angel package deal. Among other things, they have wings, so I slapped on the Wing multipower used on raptors in the bestiary (Gliding and Flying). Now, those aren't bought as extra limbs, although they do have limb special effects and a restrainable dissadvantage.

Looking at the construct it occurs to me that these angels have at least a 15 foot wingspan, sometimes more. If I had wings like that, I'd make like a swan and hit people with them. Now, for long limbs, its recomended we use stretching, inherent and always on. However, that applies to limbs bought as limbs. Is it applicable to powers with a wing special effect?

While I'm on the subject, what other wing based powers have been concocted? I might as well make good use of the multipower.

Re: Wing build

Originally posted by Sociotard

Looking at the construct it occurs to me that these angels have at least a 15 foot wingspan, sometimes more. If I had wings like that, I'd make like a swan and hit people with them. Now, for long limbs, its recomended we use stretching, inherent and always on. However, that applies to limbs bought as limbs. Is it applicable to powers with a wing special effect?

I see no reason why not.

While I'm on the subject, what other wing based powers have been concocted? I might as well make good use of the multipower.

Flap Your Wings In Their Face: Flash vs. Sight, No Range

Shed A Bunch Of Feathers In One Flap: Darkness vs. Normal Sight, Instant, No Range

Flap Really Hard And Knock Them Down: either TK, No Range, AoE, Only For Throws or Energy Blast, AoE, Only For Knockback

Originally posted by JmOz

I would also consider giving them Extra Limbs, No fine manipulation extra.

Ya think? I'm not so sure. Can this wing be used to feed a chain of belted M-60 ammo (I am reminded of an Eastman illo from the TMNT RPG, a possum with a M-60)? Can it hold an ice cream cone? A club?

When I think of a primitive limb, I think of these basic tasks. I think it might be a waste of points, unless the wing is more useful than I had initially considered.

It's arguable either way, I guess.

Originally posted by Bengal

They would probably add to the ability to be in a Las Vegas stage show.

Not sure how this jibes with the whole "Holy" thing, but there's gotta be a way to model it in the package deal.

Again, "Distinctive Features". Come see the angel, what a spectacle! He has features! and they're distinctive!

I don't think that Hollywood is a good place to look for angels. I think those movies probably feature angels with their johnsons intact. But if that is the kind of angel you are trying to model, then definitely add something about Las Vegas shows, since at least some of those movies feature angels doing a dance. Maybe even a PS: Dancer or KS: Dancing and an AK: Las Vegas

I don't think that Hollywood is a good place to look for angels. I think those movies probably feature angels with their johnsons intact. But if that is the kind of angel you are trying to model, then definitely add something about Las Vegas shows, since at least some of those movies feature angels doing a dance. Maybe even a PS: Dancer or KS: Dancing and an AK: Las Vegas

No, its not, your seduction bit just made me think of those movies. I don't know if they'd have a dancer skill. They would have a singing skill, though I'll leave that under 'recomended' for any players taking it.

Come to think of it, The jehovahs witnesses talk about some angels that came down and impregnated a bunch of women. I don't really buy that line, but then I'm not a Jehovahs witness.

I'm taking a lot of inspiration from the "Engel" Game that White wolf put out. I don't want to use the whole game, as the dystopia it depicted is just too gloomy for my gaming preferences.

My angles are people who, as children, were donated to the church (polytheistic fantasy campaign, btw). The ones who qualified entered the Angelic Choir. They underwent a series of surguries, giving them wings, snipping their parts and passions, and granting them immortality and other divine gifts.

Originally posted by BoneDaddy

Ya think? I'm not so sure. Can this wing be used to feed a chain of belted M-60 ammo (I am reminded of an Eastman illo from the TMNT RPG, a possum with a M-60)? Can it hold an ice cream cone? A club?

When I think of a primitive limb, I think of these basic tasks. I think it might be a waste of points, unless the wing is more useful than I had initially considered.

It's arguable either way, I guess.

Can they be used to strike at someone? A leg would have a hard time doing most of the things you listed as well.

30pts Dragon-Folk Wings: Multipower, 30 Point Reserve

2u (1) Flying (3 END): 15" Flight, Restrainable (-1/2)

1u (2) Wing Buffet: HA + 2d6, Hand-to-Hand Attack (-1/2)

Yes, but that HA has no range. I conceptualized these guys as having a 15+ ft. wingspan, so they have the equivalent of 1" stretching. Which is where my question came in. Good catch though, I'd forgotten the Dragon folk writeup.

This whole snipping of parts thing is pretty creepy. Now, are these people who are turned into angels? I'm getting the feeling this is creepier than all get-out. But you know, if they're passionless, maybe the whole Las Vegas thing has to go out the window.

Hmmmm, this is making a surprising number of people uncomfortable. Maybe I should make them people who went to heaven and come back through the corps, and are issued "passionless" bodies. When they feel a little anxious, they can go back to the divine realms and whatever significant other they have there. I'm not sure, but I'll give it some thought. After all, in the medieval era, this wasn't especially uncommon. In italy, they'd castrate choir boys so they'd never lose their angelic voices (they didn't have much say in the matter).

I usaually add in a Armor usable by others slot in a wing multi for supers so you can wrap up and protect innocents and the like...as for the "no-johnson" idea I don't know where that comes from, I seem to vaguely remember some bible storys about angels lusting after the daughters of men......