Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

Mark Rand

In the series, which is a space western, the Galaxy Rangers are an interplanetary police force. All have spaceships and robotic horses. One team of four have Series Five implants that have to be charged before each mission. (An END reserve?)

Ranger Captain Zachary Foxx has a bionic left arm and leg. By tapping his badge he can increase his arm's strength or, with enough power, fire energy blasts. (A multipower, I think.) He rides Brutus and his personal

In the series, which is a space western, the Galaxy Rangers are an interplanetary police force. All have spaceships and robotic horses. One team of four have Series Five implants that have to be charged before each mission. (An END reserve?)

Ranger Captain Zachary Foxx has a bionic left arm and leg. By taping his badge he can increase his arm's strength or, with enough power, fire energy blasts. (A multipower, I think.) He rides Brutus and his personal AI is GV.

Ranger Shane "Goose" Gooseman is a supertrooper. When he taps his badge, he triggers his bio-defences. (A metamorph limited to human size and mass?) His robotic horse is Triton and Alma is his AI.

Ranger Neko has psi powers. Tapping her badge turns on a psi amplifier. (Psi VPP, RSR, change in an instant?) She rides Mel.

Ranger Walter "Doc" Hartford is a computer expert. When he taps his badge, super computer programs come from his CDU. (This one I haven't figured out.) He rides Voyager, who has a few chips loose.

Is these four considered supers?

Originally posted by Caped Crusader

I think I have a little more than half of them on tape. You can find them on eBay, but they're spendy...

Plus eBay has a tendency to cancel the auctions when they notice them, since they're classified as "pirated material". I ended up making a private deal with the guy offering the full set after his auction was cancelled.

Originally posted by Mark Rand

Ranger Shane "Goose" Gooseman is a supertrooper. When he taps his badge, he triggers his bio-defences. (A metamorph limited to human size and mass?)

He could mutate to become invulnerable to any attack from which he had suffered damage. Likely a VPP limited to defenses that use END and only vs. attacks that have damaged him within the last Turn or so. It also functioned as a limited Mimic Pool allowing him to protect himself from hostile attackers by duplicating their physical traits.

Ranger Walter "Doc" Hartford is a computer expert. When he taps his badge, super computer programs come from his CDU. (This one I haven't figured out.)

I have frequently seen the power defined on fan sites as a form of Cyberkinesis manifested through his AI programs. This is supported by the fact that the range and power of his "tweakers", as they were called, was increased when the other Rangers boosted his implant with power from their own.

Re: Shane Gooseman was the MAN

Originally posted by TheQuestionMan

Hello Mark , check out this link . I found it by doing a Google Images Search for Galaxy Rangers . Loved that show as a kid .

http://www.80scartoons.net/toons/galaxyrangers.html

This page also has information that was almost custom designed for a game. Ship, weapon, and robot specifications, historical timeline, planet guides. I have to wonder about Ranger-1's lasers only being 2 Mw while the smaller Ranger Interceptor fighters have 5 Mw lasers.

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/4721/gr/index.html

This show is at the top of my list of "things that I'd love to license but I couldn't possibly make a dime from it".

It'd be a great universe to play in. A strong recurring western motif, but with truckloads of variety to put in the mix, from a cartoony sort of cyberpunk, to pulp space magic, and a strong cast of villains. Unfortunately, only a handful of people would buy it.

Maybe if I win the lottery. :-)

Scott Bennie

Plus eBay has a tendency to cancel the auctions when they notice them, since they're classified as "pirated material".

Actually, the tapes I have (at least the episodes I didn't tape myself) were commercially produced, so they don't fall under the "pirated material" category... I think I have three commercially made tapes, although I don't recall the company's name.

• 11 months later...
Guest Major Tom

Re: Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers

I have all 65 episodes on tape.

(Does the gloating dance). :P

Does the gloating dance look anything like the dance that was done towards

the end of Down Periscope?

Major Tom :confused: