Help with Skills

rayoman

I am creating a 350 point character for a Champions game this week.

I have everything, but a job and skills associated with that job. The character's powers are insect control and communication. He has a costume that gives him some other Insect type powers as well as offers resistant defenses. The GM suggested an Entomologist with the Police/CSI.

What skills would be needed for an entomologist?

Thanks.

PS: Entomologist

SS: Entomology

You could use a number of skills as complimentary skills, too, though.

An insects/arachnids category for animal handler would be apropos.

Some relevent knowledge skills would be good.

In addition: biology, exo-biology, toxicology, and bio-chemistry are also good supporting science skills.

You'd need Criminology to properly process a crime scene, I'd think. It wouldn't hurt to have Deduction. Entomologists in my experience also know a little Botany (what the bugs eat), Geology (since many live in nests underground), and some Chemistry (to analyze bug traces/pheromones/etc.) As a detective, you could justify Enhanced Perception and Eidetic Memory.

I have a different tack completely.

How about an Exterminator?

You can get access to all kinds of places, and carry all kinds of equipment, that no one is going to check very closely.

(Who is going to insist on opening the tank marked "Poison".

Before you think I am advocating the mass destruction of your little friends, remember, all anyone wants from an exterminator is an absence of bugs.

You could just politely ask them to go elsewhere.;)

For the skills, mostly the obvious science and PS: Exterminator (so you can talk the talk) should be fine.

KA.