Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

I like the reputation thingy.

I have the lowest post count rep on the front page.

Uh, actually, no you don't.

I do. You have more posts than I do. Of course, you also have more rep than I do. But I'm currently on the front page. For what that's worth.

Doc

Too bad I had to gouge my eyes out and can now no longer see to type.

Don't worry, I'm sure this board is entirely compliant for blind access.

In other news, our WGAC Index is holding steady at .63. Forecast calls for more of the same.

Now over to Mightbec with sports.

-AA

In other news, our WGAC Index is holding steady at .63. Forecast calls for more of the same.

-AA

The way I figure, once we get past all of the big leagures and above Catsuit. Then we can start using some publicity tactics to get people over onto here. Like run an entire page of hot chicks and post the link on catsuit. Something like that. For now, it is getting into the top 5.

The way I figure' date=' once we get past all of the big leagures and above Catsuit. Then we can start using some publicity tactics to get people over onto here. Like run an entire page of hot chicks and post the link on catsuit. Something like that. For now, it is getting into the top 5.[/quote']

Why wait? Why not post a 'page of hot chicks' now? After all, if you get people used to coming here, they'll keep checking back, hoping to find more pics. And maybe they'll read something they'll post a reply to while they're here looking.

The sooner you start 'publicizing', the better, IMO. :)

The way I figure' date=' once we get past all of the big leagures and above Catsuit. Then we can start using some publicity tactics to get people over onto here. Like run an entire page of hot chicks and post the link on catsuit. Something like that. For now, it is getting into the top 5.[/quote']

As long as you don't post what you did to catsuit. :shudder:

BTW Dr. A; You'll be getting some rep for doing such a nice job of washing the taint from the thread. ;)

As long as you don't post what you did to catsuit. :shudder:

BTW Dr. A; You'll be getting some rep for doing such a nice job of washing the taint from the thread. ;)

Well, I happen to think SS did the "washing" himself...he's the one that deleted his own post. :) So I think we should say "Thank You" to Super Squirrel for doing that.

Thank you, Super Squirrel! :)

Why wait? Why not post a 'page of hot chicks' now? After all' date=' if you get people [b']used[/b] to coming here, they'll keep checking back, hoping to find more pics. And maybe they'll read something they'll post a reply to while they're here looking.

The sooner you start 'publicizing', the better, IMO. :)

Also the more people who falsely come here to this thread looking for more pics the more views the thread gets.

I did this so I could calculate WGAC for myself, then I added some that I remembered and other controversial ones mainly because they got most replies & views.

Thread name		WGAC   	Thread Champ
WAG1			0.335	4848
Catsuit			2.048	3297
Burning Times		0.945	534
New Avatar for Kara	2.451	883
A&Q			0.659	2244
Opposites		0.374	473
Dr D v Takefanes	0.598	1526
Bush G/M		0.951	1092
Good 4 SF		1.071	672.4
Canada G/M		1.101	764.6

As you can see Durin's (aka RPMiller's) New Avatar for Kara is ahead of Catsuit of the WGAC index. Is this thread the one with the highest WGAC index? Can a thread beat it?

I also propose a WGAC standard. Any thread has to fulfill ONE of these criteria -- the replies has to exceed 250 posts and the views has to be over 1000. Any thread that meets this critera can be WGACized.

Other critera I thought of is:

150 replies / 500 views

150 replies / 1000 views

500 replies / 1000 views.

What does the LRTE posters reckon? Post your views here rather than starting a poll (more posts for this thread) :).

My favorite TV Spin off show would most likely be Deep Space Nine. But understand that when I say this' date=' I do not consider Star Trek: TNG a spin off of the original Star Trek. One of the requirements in my mind for a Spin Off is one of the characters has to initially move to the new show. In this case, DSN had Miles O'Brien and later Worf.[/quote']

Great point re DS9, that was an excellent spin-off. Agree re TNG not being a spin-off.

(snip) "21 Jump Street" spawned "Booker". (egads, I watched 'em both)

(snip)

"Spenser for Hire" actually had a very short lived spinoff called "Man Called Hawk".

Wow! Blasts from the past I hadn't thought about in forever!

As to Booker, whatever happened to that pretty boy who "competed" with Johnny Depp (who actually did everything he could to get fired from that show when he saw he was to be a teen idol)? He was in that schlocky gangster movie and seemed to disappear after.

As to "Man Called Hawk," a great idea gone horribly wrong. Hawk was totally cool on Spencer. Then they turned him into this weird sort of "urban shaman" spouting mysteriously wise (i.e., dumb) phrases and acting all aloof but not in his prior badass way but in some superhero-idea-gone-terribly-wrong way. My wife and I had high hopes for that show and they were terribly dashed. Although sometimes it was pretty (unintentionally) funny.

"Happy Days" also had "Laverne & Shirley" and "Mork & Mindy".

"Highlander" spun off "Raven".

I think the Cosby spin off was "A Different Life." Or something like that.

"Different Strokes" spun off "Facts of Life".

I'm starting to scare myself. lol

I always thought "Mork and Mindy" was too planned to count as a spin-off, didn't they know they were going to do a Robin Williams show when they put him on Happy Days?

And by the way, everybody, Happy Days was a spin-off of Love American Style if you'll recall (in the same manner I believe, I think they knew they'd do it because of American Graffiti - they simply used LAS as a pilot).

LOoooooooooooooook at me! I am adding another post that is without merit!

WHhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

NOPE, I found merit in it! Ha-ha Rage, you FOOL! BEGONE!

Yes, I am now a diety as I have fulfilled AA's qualifications for such! :D

-AA

He's been quiet lately, hasn't he? I'm still catching up, but I see a paucity of MB threads in the usual places. I want my Mightybec back!

Yeah' date=' so it occurs to me that someday soon I want to set up an online comic. One with me drawing it, not just copying some Southpark characters. Should I bother?[/quote']

Why not? If you want to do it, why shouldn't you?

Well, I happen to think SS did the "washing" himself...he's the one that deleted his own post. :) So I think we should say "Thank You" to Super Squirrel for doing that.

Thank you, Super Squirrel! :)

What was it? Can someone describe or link or PM me the pic? Uh - not all at once please!

I did this so I could calculate WGAC for myself, then I added some that I remembered and other controversial ones mainly because they got most replies & views.

Thread name		WGAC   	Thread Champ
WAG1			0.335	4848
Catsuit			2.048	3297
Burning Times		0.945	534
New Avatar for Kara	2.451	883
A&Q			0.659	2244
Opposites		0.374	473
Dr D v Takefanes	0.598	1526
Bush G/M		0.951	1092
Good 4 SF		1.071	672.4
Canada G/M		1.101	764.6

As you can see Durin's (aka RPMiller's) New Avatar for Kara is ahead of Catsuit of the WGAC index. Is this thread the one with the highest WGAC index? Can a thread beat it?

I also propose a WGAC standard. Any thread has to fulfill ONE of these criteria -- the replies has to exceed 250 posts and the views has to be over 1000. Any thread that meets this critera can be WGACized.

Other critera I thought of is:

150 replies / 500 views

150 replies / 1000 views

500 replies / 1000 views.

What does the LRTE posters reckon? Post your views here rather than starting a poll (more posts for this thread) :).

I think there should be a Weighted WGAC, a WWGAC, because so what if a thread has, say, 500 posts and a 2.5 WGAC, as another has 10,000 posts and a respectable 1.x WGAC?

But how should we weight? Number (i.e., variety more or less) of posters? Pure # of posts, should that give more weight, so that inevitably a huge thread gets a higher WWGAC? The latter doesn't seem fair - let's say that we have a post wherein 5 posters are the only ones doing it, much as some of the word games? But the other thing is that with those word games, we have a weird distribution as well, where we have a few mainstays and then a lot of rare posters.

I think the Weight should come from the # of posters but also the average posts per poster somehow. Without expressing it as a formula, the more posters the better, but the higher AVERAGE per poster is EVEN better still. Anyone want to take a shot at that formula? Basically it's something like # of posters times the WGAC times some sort of factor for average per poster. But that's too simplistic, puts too much weight on the # of posters artificially. Maybe (# Posters/# Posts) * (Average # Posts per Poster) * WGAC?

EDIT - well that middle number, Average # Posts/Poster will inflate the threads with high counts TOO Much - needs to be changed...