Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

Changing subject. Um... ah... hmm... I know!

What does everyone think of spiral notebooks versus glue spined notebooks?

I like the way the paper..um.. spirals in a spiral notebook, but I don't like the "fringe" when you tear a page out. Spirals with the perforated side are good.

T.

nowletsseesomeprobing

Tune in at six for our probing investigation: which is better, spiral binding or pressed glue! Tune in to see our probing reporters get to the bottom of these and other assential issues of the day. Can spiral binding swing it? Or are you better off sticking with glue? Tune in at 6 when we'll be back to investigate these two kinds of spines. Or better yet, just stick around to see what else our probing journalists are getting into!

Doc

Cloth binding is best, but it requires a rigid spine. I use a spiral bound notebook as my 'PDA', it is the only type of PDA I have found so far that can survive life in my back pocket. I stick a pen refill in the spiral spine, it's flexible so it too can survive.

This is freaking stupid. I have to sit down and talk with my supervisor for 30 minutes over my empathy skills because the person spoke with me on chat, got that problem resolved, then called in and got an agent in India. Then when the survey came in to his inbox (which was generated by doing a chat with me, not from his phone call) he gave crappy feedback stating "hire more people and get more english speaking customers". So here I am having my empathy reviewed because of a policy. They can't disregard the survey results despite the fact that it is clear that it could not have been me as I did not speak to the customer on the phone, only chat.

*sigh*

That's so stupid - did you make sure that the reason this happened was put into your file? You should - a year from now memories will be foggy. If I were you I'd ensure the manager so notes it - at the least in an e-mail back to you acknowledging the situation and why it occurred. And if they don't want to, then at least ask them to clarify what role they perceive you played that warrants the empathy training.

That's so stupid - did you make sure that the reason this happened was put into your file? You should - a year from now memories will be foggy. If I were you I'd ensure the manager so notes it - at the least in an e-mail back to you acknowledging the situation and why it occurred. And if they don't want to' date=' then at least ask them to clarify what role they perceive you played that warrants the empathy training.[/quote']

I'll second, third, and fourth that.

Always make sure you get to put your side of the story into the file. Otherwise if someone else reviews the file, they only get part of it. Get a copy and keep at home as well.

Imagine my surprise when I reviewed my human resource files and found out my input had been tossed or never included.