Longest Running Thread EVER

Re: Longest Running Thread EVER

:think: I think I'll have to do my purchases tomorrow. About to go home for the day; gaming (with her!) both tonight & tomorrow night, and then the plan is to go up to one of her folks' places Sunday and stay the night there, back on Monday.

Thank goodness the politicos don't come in here much.

Thankfully' date=' or this would've been locked years ago.[/quote']

Nah, the politicos were fumigated a while ago...well most of the well known ones were. hee hee.

Besides, that was the reason I created The Last Word, so the politicos could have endless debates on semantics, minutiae, and other boring bits.

Thankfully, my wife doesn't do that. If she really wants something, she hits me over the head with the two-by-four to get my attention, makes a direct statement, and then leaves me to take care of it. Only if I drop the ball at that point does she get to pout. We developed this protocol early in our relationship, and it always works.

Thankfully' date=' my wife doesn't do that. If she really wants something, she hits me over the head with the two-by-four to get my attention, makes a direct statement, and then leaves me to take care of it. Only if I drop the ball at that point does she get to pout. We developed this protocol early in our relationship, and it always works.[/quote']

Mine as well. It seems to be a good method. I'm confused by those that think guessing is the way to go. Though to be fair to the women, there are men that go "off list" as well. Which hardly ever works either.

Of course, when you hit on the head at a jeweler's, and she shows you an engagement solitaire while saying, "Nice ring," you know what is expected of you.

A few weeks later (on Feb 29) she proposed to me, but I already had the ring bought.