The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Well, what always helped me was the realization that there were so many other people who deserved to die so much more than I did. But you might not want to tell your friend if he's armed.

Regardless, he/she might just need a good venting session. At least I can't see any way it could hurt.

I think I'm getting through to her, but I'm seriously spazzing. My heart's pounding, my hands are shaking, I'm crying. I don't even really know her that well, but ... I feel like her life is in my hands and it's scaring the s**t out of me. I can't be responsible for another person's life! What happens if I screw this up?

I think I'm getting through to her' date=' but I'm seriously spazzing. My heart's pounding, my hands are shaking, I'm crying. I don't even really know her that well, but ... I feel like her life is in my hands and it's scaring the s**t out of me. I can't be responsible for another person's life! What happens if I screw this up?[/quote']

Ok, this is gonna sound cold, but ultimately we all make our own choices. You can only throw the other end of the rope out to the drowning victim in a proverbial raging river, you can't make them take it. You're listening, you're trying to offer hope and you care. That link I gave you has some more tips that, to a layman like me, at least look good.

You are not a mental health professional so I don't see how it could be your fault. Some dude suffers a brain hemorrhage on the bus next to you, is it your fault you didn't get in there with a pocketknife and duct tape to fix it? Just be a good listener and gently steer her toward the pros.

I think we're heading for a happy ending here ... thanks for backing me up' date=' guys. But holy CRAP am I stressing out. I need to call my wife.[/quote']

You're a good human being.

And I say that as someone who has in the past thought such a term was an oxymoron

Same here. As far as I can tell' date=' "old age" is setting in slightly ahead of schedule.[/quote']

That's the way it worked for me. I take various meds for pain. Three motorcycle injury/accidents (and one automotive) hasten father time's march. I still think getting older is more fun than the alternative.

That's the way it worked for me. I take various meds for pain (three motorcycle injury/accidents and one automotive hasten father time's march. I still think getting older is more fun than the alternative.

I don't know... I've got an awful lot of relatives who make it seem as if "not aging" is a viable alternative. I mean, the way things are going, I've got grandparents who might outlive me! Talk about annoying....

...and why did I get passed over for those particular genes, exactly?

Ok, Testing Quick Reply

EDIT: It seems to have worked fine on my end

Posting this with Quick Reply.

So this week I've been learning that not only does this job not pay what I was told it would, but that my department is basically circling the drain due to senior management incompetence and the resulting exodus of skilled engineers. I would immediately embark on a frenzied job search, except that's pretty much what I've already been doing since September.

I've noticed a lot of links added to certain words' date=' not just here, but in other websites I visit.[/quote']

And the edit function isn't working for me either. Seriously, WTF is going on here? :thumbdown

The links show "Powered by Text-Enhance" when you run your cursor over them.