The cranky thread

Hermit

Re: The cranky thread

Does that include 4 years withouth a raise' date=' and likely no chance at a promotion in the near future either. I am beginning to think that I am the vicitm of double standards and/or a "bad rep" that won't go away.[/quote']

That's pretty much my situation. I've been trying to change jobs for years, but I haven't had any luck.

I could have taken a sick day today. I've got sick days with pay available, and I haven't been able to use them because we've been understaffed. I declined it because I was scheduled to work with a client, who has specifically requested to work with me. I get to work just to find out the client cancelled.

I still get tomorrow off, but it's because work has been so light, I'm not needed. The difference is, I don't get paid for this day off.

Jennifer's brother-in-law lost his struggle with cancer yesterday at 4:00. She's gone home to South Carolina to comfort her family. Please keep them in your thoughts.

Damn. That Sucks. Prayers your, and their, way

Keeping. Are you going to be able to get down there?

Funny story. My VP and my Senior Director left for Japan and my usual backup left on vacation. So, I'm the boss. I told my boss that I'd skip the funeral and he told me to "stop being stupid" and found me some back up. It won't be easy, but it's a 3 hour drive and the funeral is on Tuesday at 10:00 am. If I leave the house at 6:00, I'll have plenty of time and I can drive back home after. I just wish I could have gone with her.