How do YOU do: Rogues Gallery Hunted?

JohnOSpencer

Re: How do YOU do: Rogues Gallery Hunted?

I was wondering how others write up a Rogues Gallery Hunted. Do you give them extra points' date=' or is it just like a revolving hunted?[/quote']

Five extra points perhaps since they are a group that may wind up getting together on occasion to teach the hero a lesson.

Though I had one character with 30 points that just had "Hunted by people who should know better"

Guest Soulcatcher

I just set up one Hunted and there the GMs choice of which hunted shows up if it is rolled.

Yep, I'd either do it as a rotating single Hunted (AsPow), or a group Hunted (MoPow) if they occasionally team up. I usually give such Hunteds an 11- appearance roll instead of 8-, because they generally tend to represent the character's signature foes. If a signifigant number of the Rogues Gallery members have organizations supporting them (such as criminal empires under their control), then I also give the Rogues Gallery the Extensive Non-Combat Influence modifier.

For a Rogues Gallery whose members never work together:

Hunted: This Week's Rogues Gallery Member 11- (AsPow, NCI, Capture/Kill) 20 points

For one whose members do sometimes work together:

Hunted: The Rogues Gallery 11- (MoPow, NCI, Capture/Kill) 25 points

Of course, for characters with small Rogues Galleries, you may be best off just taking each enemy individually.

Yep, I'd either do it as a rotating single Hunted (AsPow), or a group Hunted (MoPow) if they occasionally team up. I usually give such Hunteds an 11- appearance roll instead of 8-, because they generally tend to represent the character's signature foes. If a signifigant number of the Rogues Gallery members have organizations supporting them (such as criminal empires under their control), then I also give the Rogues Gallery the Extensive Non-Combat Influence modifier.

Hunted: This Week's Rogues Gallery Member 11- (AsPow, NCI, Capture/Kill) 20 points

Of course, for characters with small Rogues Galleries, you may be best off just taking each enemy individually.

That's a good way to do it. The player and the GM just need to get a list of who is in the Rogue's Gallery though. I think there ought to be some sort of reward to the player if they come up with cool and exciting Rogues though.

I don't currently use a Rogues Gallery for a valid hunted, and reserve that Disad for specific characters/organizations specifically interested in the PC.

I like this idea.

After reading this I'm thinking using a Rogue's Gallery might be a bit more appropriate to the campaign I'm running. I'd take a slightly different take on it, and require each character to take the Disad (representing that, as the protagonist in the adventure, they will invariably piss off the bad guy). I'd probably require two, one for individuals and one for groups/organizations. I'd roll each once for the entire group. If the first is made (and not the second), than there's an individual villain involved. If the second is made (and not the first), then a group of villains have banded together (or organization). If both are made, then a group of villains have banded together for the specific purpose of elliminating the heroes. And in those cases where neither is made, the "antagonist" is non villianous in nature (natural disaster, political, etc.).

As anyone every tried this? How would you think it'd work?

The one thing I would recommend is thinking of how your favorite comic book title handles that kind of thing. If it's like the Avengers (Busiek style) the two (orgs and individuals) are usually seperate, and don't work together often, which might happen fairly often in your campaign if players have 11-'s on both orgs and indies. If the individuals in the rogues gallery are likely to hire onto an org for some misdead than I'd say your mechanics are pretty darned solid. Otherwise I would stick to having them operate independently.

Of course, if your campain is like The Flash (who has a notoreous amount of rogues), then haveing your players buy both versions of the disavantage sounds aproprate (as offen thay are apart as much as thay are together).

As for Batman-ish charater, he should only have the "this week's rogue" disavantage. Basicly, this repersents most of his clasic enimies (prehaps a seprate one for The Joker, but the rest should be repersented by "this week's rogue"). When it does not roll up, you can use a one-shot villian, or prehaps a villian which has been created recently and nobody realy cairs for (like Mr. Zaza, the Film Freek, Captin Fear, ect...)

Well, thoes are examples. As always, your milage may varrie.