New Writeup Game! Fix the "Weaklings"

Enforcer84

Re: New Writeup Game! Fix the "Weaklings"

I really like Proditor's take on the original subject of this thread. It feels like a very natural extension of his "cypher" mutant ability... and one that makes him an extreme bad ass without fusing him with Warlock or investing cybernetics into him.

One of the classic concepts behind X-Men has been that most of the characters have only one "power." Shadowcat turns intangible. Cyclops shoots energy beams. Colossus turns himself into metal. Gambit kinetically charges objects. Iceman creates ice. Wolverine regenerates. Cypher understands any language.

It's what a member of the X-Men learns to do with his or her "one power" that makes him or her such a bad ass. Shadowcat uses her intangiblity tactically in combat and has even learned to "walk on air." Cyclops can do trick shots with his eye beams that could possibly give Captain America's shield tricks a run for their money. Colossus, Gambit, and Iceman have all learned interesting "power tricks" of their own. Wolverine's regeneration allowed him to not only survive the "Weapon X" procedures, but to thrive with them.

Why can't Ramsey learn to use his ability to comprehend any language in new and interesting ways? I mean, it's part and parcel with being an X-Man.

In light of that, I give Proditor's take on the matter five stars! :D

Not yet ready - - for the Legion of Substitute Heroes

Double Header

Player:

Val** Char*** Cost
13** STR 3
18** DEX 24
13** CON 6
10** BODY 0
18** INT 8
18** EGO 16
10** PRE 0
10** COM 0
3** PD 0
3** ED 0
3** SPD 2
6** REC 0
26** END 0
25** STUN 1
*6"**RUN02"**SWIM02 1/2"**LEAP0Characteristics Cost: 60

Cost** Power END
10** Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Sight Group* 0
3** LS (Sleeping Character does not sleep)* 0
Powers Cost: 13

Cost** Talent
9** Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty)*
Talents Cost: 9

Total Character Cost: 82

Val** Disadvantages
10** Distinctive Features: Two Heads (Not Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)*

Disadvantage Points: 10

Base Points: 200

Experience Required: 0

Total Experience Available: 0

Experience Unspent: 0

This is a toughie!

Boost his power, but also give him a unique enough ability to finally qualify for Legion membership.

First thought is go with the baseball motif, pump him full of preformance enhancing substances and give him a bat. Not that unique.

Or maybe duplication, maybe he can divide into a seperate complete body for each head. That's Duo Damsel's trick.

Maybe the two brains work together for increased inteligence. Still not as smart as Brainiac 5.

Maybe one brain can boost the other's telepathic ability. Beyond Saturn Girl's?

Anti-telepathy! Two brains, one body, 50% Ego Damage Reduction! Not much, but a start!

Let me get back to you on this.

Thanks for the kudos guys. :) I'm getting really tempted to throw a Cypher knock-off into a teen angst supers short campaign I'm running soon and then let him have his training after a few episodes so I can then reintroduce him post upgrades in the later arc.

Actually, there is one serious non-skill modification I would give Cypher: a datajack. Yes, it's totally cyberpunk but the fact is that Cypher is the one character would really use a device to let him plug his mind into a computer directly, and without having to go through Warlock. I'm not sure how he'd get it, there are a number of options but it would definitely be something to save up points for.

Cypher- while the whole super ass kicker thing is neat and all, I would go the other way, Doug quickly realizes that he doesn't have the temperment for combat and instead of following this classmates into battle, he went in a much more natural direction- Douglas Ramsey, UN Diplomat, the ultimate negotiator, diplomat and translator, h could be the man who brings peace the world over with his abilities- why waste his life fighting crime when he could accomplish so much more?

Falcon- you're really giving him no credit here: Pilot, smuggler, acrobat, skilled martial artist, social worker, etc. Remember his contacts with Cap and the Black Panther, who designed his jet system; remember that he's a master aerialist, right up there with Angel and Vulture in terms of aerial grace(and the three of them are likely the top 3 air combatants at marvel);

remember his mental link to redwing and redwing himself; remember his flight system and his enhanced eyesight and his coolness under fire and you've got someone that can hold his own against many, many other members of the Avengers. If Cap was crippled tommorow, Sam would be the first, last, and only man he'd ask to take his place, at least now that Jack Munroe is now dead and then brought back as Scourge.

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

Multiple Man's ability converts the energy of an attack (same as Bishop, I believe?) into a new duplicate - or rather, 'call' a duplicate into being: Since he has a limited number of them, it is probable that they are 'stored' somewhere. From there a lot of things could be done:

- Call duplicates at a distance. Simple, but allows for all sorts of power stunts. Teleportation, quick long-range attacks, barricades, etc.

- Invulnerability (He can keep converting energy into duplicates). I think this has been used in-comic.

- Call upon other things: Alternate universe Multiple Men, stronger, faster or more intelligent duplicates, duplicates of other people, Beings from Beyond, etc.

multiple man was actually pretty badass in recent x men comics.

I think some where around uncanny x men 400 when he was pretty much single handedly running x corp europe he'd got over his problem with losing duplicates an was acting lieka one man army.