1" hex battle grid pdf file

ultrium

Thank goodness the tables are a reasonable size. My group was quite disappointed with the Resource Kit. One guy bought it and we spent some time laughing at the alternately ludicrously over and undersized objects (together on the same maps!), then swore no one else would waste the money.

Wasn't worthy of the Hero Games name, sorry :mad:

-DG

And another thing... Includes a question for Ben

Originally posted by mattingly

Hey, how come the tables in your nightclub are so much smaller than the tables in the HERO System Resource Kit? :)

Oh... y'know... spite. :D

It just seemed that, in any restaurant/club I've ever been in, they've always gone for the "greatest number of chairs around the smallest available table" kind of thing. That, and I just couldn't picture myself sitting with friends around a cozy 2m diameter eating surface... :D

If anyone is interested, I still have the original Illustrator files I used to create that -- one is 16x22 hexes, the other is 33x47 hexes. I was primarily going for something that would fit on a screen all at once so people could see everything at a glance. Just drop me a line.

Actually, Ben (if that is your real name... ;) ), would something like this (the blank versions) be a suitable candidate for the Freebie section?

Originally posted by dbsousa

Campaign Cartographer (http://www.profantasy.com) lets you fill any closed shape with a hex grid. It requires a little math to make them 2meter hexes, but do it once and every map you draw will be to HERO scale.

I've been playing with SVG maps (scalable vector graphics) a lot lately. Not the fastest to create, but I like the stuff I'm able to do with it.

Here's part of our heroes' base.

I like the 1" hex maps that I've seen so far. However, my problem is that I need to have the hexes go completely to the edge. I for one don't have money to shell out for a large map sheet. I'd rather save my money for the books/supplements.

My goal is to have standard sheets ( 8.5" by 11") with hexes all the way to edge, that I can either run lots of copies of, or maybe just a few laminated copies that can be added together end to end.

anybody have anything that could help?

Syberdwarf2 says

I like the 1" hex maps that I've seen so far. However, my problem is that I need to have the hexes go completely to the edge. I for one don't have money to shell out for a large map sheet. I'd rather save my money for the books/supplements.

My goal is to have standard sheets ( 8.5" by 11") with hexes all the way to edge, that I can either run lots of copies of, or maybe just a few laminated copies that can be added together end to end.

anybody have anything that could help?

I am confused. Is this not what you wanted?

Special note: be sure and turn off the expand or shrink options when you print out the pdf. If you do that, you will get perfect hexes.

Originally posted by DarkGreen

Thank goodness the tables are a reasonable size. My group was quite disappointed with the Resource Kit. One guy bought it and we spent some time laughing at the alternately ludicrously over and undersized objects (together on the same maps!), then swore no one else would waste the money.

Wasn't worthy of the Hero Games name, sorry :mad:

-DG

Heh, well, thanks for letting me know all of my hard work was appreciated... although I had nothing to do with the maps. ;)

Originally posted by ultrium

Syberdwarf2 says

I am confused. Is this not what you wanted?

Special note: be sure and turn off the expand or shrink options when you print out the pdf. If you do that, you will get perfect hexes.

I'd like to turn of the shrink/expand options, but have no idea how to do so.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Re: Good stuff...

Originally posted by Delthrien

I've also used Illustrator to generate hex grids for pbem games. Saved as a GIF, they're easy enought to edit and update... And they're low in calories, too!

attached is a sample...

Charlie

I love you too. :confused:

Now what am I supposed to do. I'm so torn. :(

And another thing...

... Here's another version that uses larger hexes.

Both of the files are sized so that they should easily fit into most browser windows. I've been experimenting with setting them up as flash files (another export filter from Illustrator). It actually allows you to zoom in on the map as long as you have the Flash plug-in... something I discovered entirely by accident.

For those interested in the original Illustrator files, e-mail me and I'll send 'em on...

Charlie (Again)