The Last Word

Bazza

The usual distinction between fiction & non-fiction, doesn't seem to cut it anymore. We need a third category -- those based on the real world, with the verisimilitude of non-fiction but at the same time being unreal. So in a nutshell unreal non-fiction. 

Maybe.  The politics in Wikipedia have got a lot more cutthroat in the last 5-10 years, as the Old Guard struggles with the inherent issues of the principle of "editable by anyone" being trampled upon by people wanting to push their economic/ethnic/political/religious whatever agendas by editing in things they want to be believed as opposed to actually true.  Since I stick more or less exclusively to edits in my scientific bailiwick, or some local geographic and historic items around where I live, these have never stepped on me, and I have a real aversion to flamewars on the Internet (an aversion that goes back now almost thirty years).  Basically, I am a WikiSloth.

As an example, today's featured article in the English wiki is the Armenian Genocide, which large parts of the political and social power structures of Turkey still deny happened, or deny that it occurred as a deliberate policy by the Turkish government at the time.  This is a firestorm that has raged since the collapse of the Ottoman Empire at the end of WW1.

Cheers. 

Under this entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Florensky, this section "1928–1937: exile, imprisonment, death"; and this sentence: "The published agitation materials were the monograph about the theory of relativity.[citation needed][dubious – discuss]".

I have a book which has a citation for this claim so can confirm it.   

Editing Wikipedia is easy (and easily reversed, and cancelled), though the format for reference citations is ... complex.  I keep a link to Citation templates in my own user talk page so I can find it easily.  Frankly a good thing to do is make your edits, and at the bottom of the edit box click the "Show preview" to see the effects of what you've done.  I generally have 5 to 10 previews before I finally save.

I can't find any of my own edits that cite books.  (Almost everything I cite is a journal reference or a tech website.)  If I had, I'd direct you to a place where I'd done that.