The Last Word

Bazza

17 hours ago, Pariah said:

I met Ted Nugent while working for an archery company. That guy's definitely not digging in the same ditch as the rest of us. 

That’s ok, as each of us are on our own path. Some take a straight path, and for others it is a long promised road. 

From the appropriate chapter ("The Bottomless Pits of Black Holes") of Philip Plait's Death From the Skies! - The Science Behind the End of the World:

"But it also defies our common sense. (Get used to that. Your common sense is going to take a beating here.)" -p. 136

Dorian mode was easy for me, because in my brief career as a trombone player, nearly everything I played was in B-flat major (two flats) or E-flat major (three flats).  So the sound and chord progressions were things I was used to in both.  Using chords as if you are in E-flat, except that all your A's are natural rather than flatted, puts you in Dorian mode.