The Last Word

Bazza

Re: The Last Word

The sunday after the first full moon after the Equinox.

Ecclesiastical full moon, which is not quite the same thing as physical full moon.

Also, at one time I thought the formula was first Sunday after the first Friday after the first ecclesiastical full moon after the vernal equinox (Good Friday being a significant day in itself). That may have got built into the ecclesiastical full moon formula, though.

Ecclesiastical full moon, which is not quite the same thing as physical full moon.

Also, at one time I thought the formula was first Sunday after the first Friday after the first ecclesiastical full moon after the vernal equinox (Good Friday being a significant day in itself). That may have got built into the ecclesiastical full moon formula, though.

I'm not sure it would be since it has always been based on Passover, which has no reason to be pegged to a Sunday.

It may be that the Hebrew calendar is the oldest of those still in use. The historical origins of calendars is a scholarly subject all to itself, especially since ancient events were recorded in the calendar in use at that time and place.

IIRC' date=' they thought the world was the back of a giant alligator, so maybe it just wakes up and goes swimming after lunch or something like that.[/quote']

Now you know the world is a flat disk on the back of four giant elephants that ride around on Atun, the giant space turtle.

Black Friday From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Black Friday may refer to the following historical events:

Black Friday (1869), the Fisk-Gould Scandal (24 Sep), a financial crisis in the United States

Black Friday (1881), the Eyemouth Disaster (14 Oct), in which 189 Scottish fishermen lost their lives in a European windstorm

Black Friday (1887), hanging of four people which are connected directly or indirectly with the rally of Haymarket Riot at 11 Nov

Black Friday (1889), the Johnstown Flood (31 May), a flood that killed over 2,200 in Johnstown, Pennsylvania

Black Friday (1910), a campaign outside the British House of Commons (18 Nov) of the Women's Social and Political Union the Conciliation Bill failed

Black Friday (1919), the Battle of George Square (31 Jan), a riot stemming from industrial unrest in Glasgow, Scotland

Black Friday (1921), the announcement of British transport union leaders (15 Apr) not to call for strike action against wage reductions for miners

Black Friday (1929), the notorious stock-market crash that occurred in late October 1929

Black Friday (1939), a day of devastating fires in Australia (13 Jan)

Black Friday (1944), a disastrous attack by the Canadian Black Watch (13 Oct) near Woensdrecht during The Battle of the Scheldt

Black Friday (1945), an air battle over Sunnfjord (9 Feb), the largest air battle over Norway

Black Friday (1945), Hollywood Black Friday (5 Oct), a riot at the Warner Bros. studios stemming from a Confederation of Studio Unions (CSU) strike leading to the eventual breakup of the CSU

Black Friday (1959), the cancellation of the CF-105 Avro Arrow project (20 Feb) by Canadian Prime Minister Diefenbaker leading to the lay off of 30,000 workers

Black Friday (1974), the Dublin and Monaghan Bombings in the Republic of Ireland (May 17)

Black Friday (1978), a massacre of protesters in Iran (8 Sep)

Black Friday (1982), the Argentinian invasion of the Falkland Islands, sparking the Falklands War

Black Friday (1987), (31 Jul), the day an hour-long F4 category tornado ran through the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Black Friday (1993), bomb blasts in Bombay (now Mumbai), India

Black Friday (2004), a crackdown in Maldives, Malé (13 Aug) on a peaceful protesters

Black Friday may also refer to:

Any Friday which falls on the 13th of a month

Good Friday or God Friday, the Friday preceding Easter

Black Friday (shopping), the day after Thanksgiving Day in the United States, the first shopping day of the Christmas season and one of the busiest shopping days of the year

The last Friday before Christmas in the United Kingdom, a day when widespread anti-social behavior due to public alcohol consumption is expected to occur, and police are given additional powers to combat it[citation needed]

Black Friday (1940 film), a science-fiction/horror film starring Boris Karloff, Stanley Ridges, and Bela Lugosi

Black Friday (2005 film), a Hindi film on the 1993 serial bomb blasts in Mumbai, directed by Anurag Kashyap

"Black Friday", a song by Grinspoon

"Black Friday", a song by Steely Dan from Katy Lied

"Black Friday", a song by Megadeth

"Black Friday Rule", a title of a song by Flogging Molly

"Black Friday", the nickname for game 3 of the 1977 NLCS baseball championships. Philadelphia Phillies fans gave the nickname because the Phillies blew an early lead against the Los Angeles Dodgers and a controversial call was made during the game

"Black Friday", the title of a poem written by Dennis Rader, the BTK killer

"Black Friday", day United States Marine recruits are picked up by their Drill Instructors, after a week of receiving.

It's a fixed date in the Hebrew calendar. (Next you'll ask about the Hebrew calendar' date=' and I'll send you here, part 3, about 1/3 of the way down the file. ;) )
woah.

It may be that the Hebrew calendar is the oldest of those still in use. The historical origins of calendars is a scholarly subject all to itself' date=' especially since ancient events were recorded in the calendar in use at that time and place.[/quote'] Are you good with calendars/maths?

If so I have a dousie of a problem for you.

I have been given a date in the Jewish calendar, 21st day of Nisan which I have been told corresponds to early April, 4 BC in the Gregorian calendar. I want to know which day in April. My guess is that it is in the first week.

Can you help me in working out an answer?

Okay, I'm getting annoyed that I can't correctly create a spreadsheet formula for calculating leap years.

eg: =2007/4 gives the result as 501.75.

So how do I analyze the result to see if it is whole number of not. I know ROUND can round a decimal number but that is not what I want.

*grrrr*

Any takers?

And while looking up leap years from Wikipedia, it pointed to this page Famous Leap Day Babies of History In 1904 this person was born...

Adolph Blaine Charles David Earl Frederick Gerald Hubert Irvin John Kenneth Lloyd Martin Nero Oliver Paul Quincy Randolph Sherman Thomas Uncas Victor William Xerxes Yancy Zeus Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenberdorft Sr., Germany; had a Christian name for every letter in the alphabet, shortened it to Mr Wolfe Plus 585 Sr. The world's longest name officially used by a person.