Champions miniatures

Lupus

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions miniatures

Where's your entry for the modding contest' date=' Blue? ;)[/quote']

I tried that custom mini thing before. The effects were terrifying, but not in a good way. Realizing I'd ruined the cheezy heroclix that I'd started with (One of the Solomon Grundy miniatures that showed up in great numbers in the packs), I wound up just slapping "green stuff" on it and using a comb-like effect to give it a fur texture. In the end he wound up looking like some freakish 3-horned sasquatch.

Apparently I'm better "free form" at this than when I work toward a specific goal, because they will NEVER turn out how I intended.

For any fans of superhero minis-

Discount Hobby (discounthobby.com) is liquidating it's Superfigs inventory and has lowered all prices by 40%. It might be a good time to stock up.

Dang. You tell me this now, after I just blew my allowance buying like 90 Heroclix from a Denver shop. :(

Bill.

Just a quick FYI guys, I was able to get confirmation on the SuperFigs blow out. John Lauck from discounthobby.com sent me the following e-mail today in response to an inquiry I made:

Yes, we will begin the sale on November 5th and eliminate all remaining stock of Superfigs. Cleaning out inventory due to an increase in our manufacturing output. I love this line of figures, but sales have been slow. Watch DiscountHobby.com on November 5th and the products will have a new link to them in the new releases column on that date.

In addition, I found this info on their website (took a little hunting):

1. Liquidation Items
    Starting in November we will be eliminating the following products from our site.
    NOVEMBER 5th SUPERFIGS liquidation at 40% off
    NOVEMBER 12th CONFRONTATION at 30% off
    NOVEMBER 19th Misc Items 40% off

These companies have been performing poorly for us and we are removing them from inventory to make space for other products.

2. BIG giveaways month of November
    When you spend $30.00 or more during the month of November you will receive $20 worth of BOB OLLEY Mega Miniatures figures. That is NOT a typo, you are reading it correctly. $20 worth of FREE figures for a $30 purchase of ANYTHING on the site. The 4 giveaway figures Minotaur, Titan Orc, Dwarf & Ghoul worth $20 will be displayed on the site November 1st 2004. There will be NO GODS figure in the month of November. Expect to see Blackbeard GOD-K on December 1st.

Excellent.

My local hobby store has some superfigs but they never get NEW ones. If I buy some, they reorder the ones that were bought and never get anything new. They've done this for over a year, so I have to go to online sites to get anything newer than 14-16 Months ago.

• 2 weeks later...

And unlikely group picture:

Foxbat, Grond, Laser and Ankylosaur. And the flipside of Grond and Laser, too...

AFAIK, these are all "official" Champions minis, not modified at all.

Foxbat broke at the ankle a while back. I glued him, but I still need to repair the paint job. So I'm lazy, sue me. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=11327

attachment.php?attachmentid=11328

Mags

That takes me back Recognized the Ankylosaur and Laser but Foxbaat and Grond are new to me. Did a company other than Grenadier make Champs minis?

Foxbat has Grenadier engraved in the base (underneath). Grond has a different base type, so I don't knwo about him.

Sorry. Wished I could tell you, but I don't remember.

Mags

Black Harlequin

Thought I would post this figure here in addition to the official contest thread that Proditor set up just to be complete. Here's some shots of the Black Harlequin mod/conversion I made. My first attempt at taking digital photos, so forgive me for the lighting problems...

Keith

Well... I was going to post more pics of my minis, but the forum won't let me. :( I keep getting this message:

Psylocke 1.jpg:

Exceeds forum quota by 577.34 MB.

Mags

PS: The pic is really only 32.5 KB

Check to see how much total space you've used. (I doubt it's that much!)

Click User CP, then "Attachments" in the lower left column. At the top of the screen should be how much space you've used. (I have 237 attachments and have used less than 11mb, so I'm not sure what the problem would be in your case).

Check to see how much total space you've used. (I doubt it's that much!)

Click User CP, then "Attachments" in the lower left column. At the top of the screen should be how much space you've used. (I have 237 attachments and have used less than 11mb, so I'm not sure what the problem would be in your case).

I just sent a message to Mightybec and he tested the attachment function, and he got the same message. He said they just tinkered with the hero Games server, so they might not be aware there is a problem. I sent a message to Ben, but as you know, he isn't online right now.

By the way, my usage: You are currently using 15.52 MB to store 227 uploaded attachments.

Thanks for the help, Blue!

Mags

Mags

Check out this thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=512912#post512912

From what is being discussed there, we are all limited to 1 MB worth of attachments. That means I'm 14.52 MB over my allotment.

I'm trying to see if they will allow people to donate their MB to artists if they won't ever use it...

Mags