Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

So it looks like I'm off to a day or two at DragonCon after all. I can't afford it' date=' and the circumstances suck, so it's unlikely I'll be able to enjoy it. It's like somebody giving you tickets to Disney World then saying "Oh by the way, I'll be kicking you in the crotch every ten minutes."[/quote']

Sorry to hear it'll suck, but still, you should try to find us. Apparently we'll be parking ourselves at a free gaming table first thing Saturday morning. I know nothing more of the arrangements; come see the thread in the Conventions section.

Sorry to hear it'll suck' date=' but still, you should try to find us. Apparently we'll be parking ourselves at a free gaming table first thing Saturday morning. I know nothing more of the arrangements; come see the thread in the Conventions section.[/quote']

I am looking forward to meeting many of you fine people :) It should help to redeem the trip.

Many hours were spent this last trip listening to the kids play Zoo Tycoon' date=' building large parks filled with exhibits of carnivores, then placing one enclosure firmly blocking the zoo entrance, and finally breaking open all the animal exhibits. As near as I could tell, the Salt Water Crocodiles did the best job, though I am unsure as to whether any visitors actually were eaten.[/quote'] Having a bit of knowledge and seen many salt water crocs, I find that quite amusing.

Re: zip

Lack of a good mirror.

Get a corner reflector, three flat mirrors that meet at right angles. Those will always show you (assuming you're in the eighth of a sphere where you can see all three reflecting surfaces). Of course, you'll always be upside down.

*snip*

In an employer's market, you don't make your own hours; you just thank your boss for hiring you and do your best to not get replaced.

This same person is addicted to Starbuck's and Bath & Body Works, and lives with her mother. She wants to get a part-time job so she can move out. I think I keep her on my flist to watch the train wreck unfold.

I feel a little guilty about that.

No kidding. DocO will most likely be working Friday through Monday (10 hour shifts) and have Tuesday through Thursday off. It'll be hard, but I know we'll make it work.

As for keeping her on your flist...I'd do the same thing too if I were in the situation. :D

71 more non-NGD posts to 9000' date=' just noticed.[/quote']

Nope. Only 42 now. ;)

As for keeping her on your flist...I'd do the same thing too if I were in the situation. :D

Well then, I feel a little better about it. ^ v ^

Josh, after being at his job for over three years, has finally been given a half-decent schedule. He HAD weekends off for a little while, which was sheer bliss. He didn't get this job by saying, "These are the hours I'll work, and none other."

Just read the above. Maybe a Roll-in-the-Hay would help me get to sleep-problem is OddHat's already asleep. How I envy his ability to fall asleep in three seconds flat. According to a sleep book I have, that is a sign that you are not getting enough sleep. But it takes me forever. :(