Musings on Random Musings

Kara Zor-El

Re: Musings on Random Musings

Life is so cruel and so freakin' unfair. A person can be so happy one minute and then just get crushed like an ant underheel.

My sympathies

I've read about some of the troubles you and your loved ones have faced in The Cranky Thread, and it sounds like the hits just keep on coming. I hope things get better for you soon :(

My sympathies

I've read about some of the troubles you and your loved ones have faced in The Cranky Thread, and it sounds like the hits just keep on coming. I hope things get better for you soon :(

We'll see.

After a two year long search, yesterday I was hired. And today I am not. Apparently, the client hired someone else from another agency today, after telling my recruiter they were hiring me. It so thoroughly sucks that I can't even describe how crappy I am feeling over it.

That sucks so much Hoover wants to trademark it. :(

Good luck.

We'll see.

After a two year long search, yesterday I was hired. And today I am not. Apparently, the client hired someone else from another agency today, after telling my recruiter they were hiring me. It so thoroughly sucks that I can't even describe how crappy I am feeling over it.

That sucks so much Hoover wants to trademark it. :(

What's worse is that this morning, I canceled a job interview with another company that I had a pretty good chance of being hired at. Of course it pays $4/hour less than the A/P job I was "unhired" for... which was why I chose the A/P job in the first place. Man, I have all the luck- over the years I've been laid off, forced into resignation and, yes, once even fired... but this is the first time I've ever been unhired. I don't even have any legal recourse, because they went through a recruiting agency.

Old Man was right, though. It they were capable of pulling that stunt, I wouldn't want to work there.

Mags

Good luck. I spent 6-7 months out of work some years ago, then finally went back to the hell that is Graveyard shift in a COnvenience store. A couple months later a customer told me about the temp/part time position that turned into the job I have been in a week short of 9 years full time.

Hopefully something great or at least good will come up.

What's worse is that this morning' date=' I canceled a job interview with another company that I had a pretty good chance of being hired at. Of course it pays $4/hour [i']less[/i] than the A/P job I was "unhired" for... which was why I chose the A/P job in the first place. Man, I have all the luck- over the years I've been laid off, forced into resignation and, yes, once even fired... but this is the first time I've ever been unhired. I don't even have any legal recourse, because they went through a recruiting agency.

Old Man was right, though. It they were capable of pulling that stunt, I wouldn't want to work there.

Mags

Guest Worldmaker

Sometimes they rep you even when they don't agree with you. I had someone do that once' date=' and was truly touched.[/quote']

Yeah, but when the rep is accompanied by remarks like "Brilliant" and "Exactly right", they aren't disagreeing.

Totally agree. Been drinking the stuff for 20+ years.

My favourite milk drink/drink ever.

Pretty sure it's a craving. I can't get enough. lol

Erin, our 18 month old, has figured out I'll share with her, so she's spent most of the last two evenings in my lap, snuggling and moochin' some "chocy mik" from me. :D

Erin, our 18 month old, has figured out I'll share with her, so she's spent most of the last two evenings in my lap, snuggling and moochin' some "chocy mik" from me. :D

My nearly-three nephew used to conive my mother into giving both coc milk and regular white milk in the same glass.

My dad found out about it the hard way, when he wanted both not just one. (also there was only a little choc milk, but enough to make a difference apprently).

Choc milk forever! :D

Make up some good hot chocolate, that should surpass any craving. OTOH, my last batch was more of a syrup....

On the topic of milk based drinks...

WHen I was a kid I drank Purple Cows (milk and grape or raspberry Koolade)

and Maple milk (milk with maple syrup stirred into it)

I never said I was completely normal... ;)

Make up some good hot chocolate, that should surpass any craving. OTOH, my last batch was more of a syrup....

On the topic of milk based drinks...

WHen I was a kid I drank Purple Cows (milk and grape or raspberry Koolade)

and Maple milk (milk with maple syrup stirred into it)

I never said I was completely normal... ;)

You obviously don't understand the cravings of pregnant ladies. lol

Maple milk could be good, but grape or raspberry Kool Aid? Ewwww! lol

Tryyyy it. YOu might like it. :eg:

my hot chocolate starts with milk and nestle or milkmaid, adds swiss cocao powder, then...

Just let it get cold. ;) Assuming it doesn't solidify. :nonp:

You obviously don't understand the cravings of pregnant ladies. lol

Maple milk could be good, but grape or raspberry Kool Aid? Ewwww! lol

That made me chuckle, Gewing.

When I was about 3-4 (older brother is 3 years old than me) Mom would make us what we called 'cold coffee'. About 50% milk, 50% coffee and sweetened with sugar.

I'd forgotten about that.

Mags

The only "odd" things my mom made were:

Jello water when I was sick. Jello mixed up too thin to solidify.

cheap yellow mustard in grilled cheese sandwiches.

Grilled cheese sandwiches dunked in Chicken noodle or tomato soup.

peanut butter sandwiched dunked in chicken noodle soup.

Peanut butter and banana sandwiches (She got hooked on them when my folks were first moved to Panama, Neither had gotten a paycheck yet, so they bought cheap bread, a big jar of PB, and my dad brought bananas back from the rifle ranges. :))

My cousins ate peanut butter, lettuce, and Mayonaise sandwiches...

On the topic of GOOD stuff that sounds odd...

Sprinkle paprika on a slab of ham, then pan fry it! OHHH man is that good!!!

Ummmm, Herm? Buddy? Pal?

This is Rage you're talking to. ;) Don't think he can help it. lol

Sorry, it's a line from an old Animaniacs show where two bassets tried to capture Slappy Squirel... the pup was always trying to sniff his uncle

"May I sniff you now, Uncle Stinky?"

"No, don't be weird."

We'll see.

That's completely unfair, I'm sorry.

That's completely unfair' date=' I'm sorry.[/quote']

Yup. It's life events like this that tend to turn people cynical, if you ask me.

I'm trying to look on the bright side though: I won't have that huge, cross-city commute everyday, I won't have to work with two-faced and/or indecisive jerks, and I get to sleep in on Monday. ;)

Mags